BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
As a Technical Design Architect, you will utilize your strong technical competencies to provide the highest level of implementation capability and technical consultation to both customers and Pure sales teams to support sales goals. You will work on cross-functional teams including Sales, Product Marketing, Business Development Managers, Services and engineering to scope and help sell Professional Services solutions for homogeneous and heterogeneous solutions to customers/partners. You will become intimately acquainted with the customer's/partner’s business requirements, technical needs, systems, environment and service history, enabling you to build and present targeted solutions to our customer base as a member of the hands-on team delivering these services across the US. The role covers pre-sales and delivery functions, and you will be comfortable with performing either role as demand dictates.
You will possess a thorough understanding of IT architecture, designing solutions, networking and implementation of these solutions and you must have significant experience in the field of replication, clustering, cloud offerings as well as data migrations, technologies and solutions. You will also be experienced in delivering large scale and complex projects utilizing all the mentioned offerings and will also be skilled in scripting to enable automation of these processes where appropriate.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering; or equivalent work experience; a Graduate Degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of overall technical experience
- 5+ years as an SME / solutions architect
- Experience that demonstrates a significant level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Pure products and services is required
- In a consultative role, supports the implementation of the professional services solution.
- Participates in customer evaluations and proof of concepts on Pure systems to support sales efforts and address future customer needs.
- Advises and consults the sales teams on engineering developments and strategies for replication, clustering and data migrations, ensuring these solutions meet and integrate into our clients DR and BCP best practices.
- Evaluates partner proposals for migration services to ensure they deliver quality and value for money to Pure.
Experience with the below technologies:
- Flash Array experience / Replication technologies (Active Cluster or similar)
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and other cloud-based offerings.
- Data Center Migrations/Consolidations/Toolsets
- Networking concepts and high-level designs
- Cirrus Data Solutions Appliance (or Appliance based solutions for migrating block data)
- Virtualization Tools - Cisco/Microsoft/VMWare (Cloud solutions)
- Proven experience in scripting languages such as Perl, Shell, Powershell, Visual Basic, Python.
- Networking infrastructure (Nexus / ACI / Broadcom / Brocade)
- Other technical platform or infrastructure migration tools such as Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Datadobi, StorageX, Open Replicator.
- Data Center Migration Implementations for block and file.
- Multi-vendor server and storage platforms and performance tuning experience.
- Windows, AIX, and Linux Operating systems
- Hyper-V and VMWare ESX (vRA / SRM)
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and other cloud-based offerings.
- Disaster Recovery, Replication, Backup technologies (Zerto / Veeam / Rubrik / Veritas NBU)
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN)
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems and UNIX distributed network environment
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP, and general networking
- Specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in data migration toolsets (specifically the Cirrus Data Appliance) and disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, any languages are a definite benefit (French / Dutch / Spanish / Italian or German)
Team leadership skills:
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem-solving.
- Delivers technical solutions to our customers, either as a sole resource or member of a team.-
- Understands prospects' technical needs related to a specific market or specific product (i.e. block, virtualized, file solutions, clustering, replication best practice, disaster recovery, business contingency).
- Develops scripts for both integration of Pure storage into a customer’s operational environment and the automation of replication, clustering, cloud and data migrations.
- Prepares and delivers technical and architecture solutions.
- Contributes significant portions for data migration solutions to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs.
- Travels to the prospective customer's domestic sites and other global sites as necessary.
For Colorado Applicants (as required by SB19-085):
- The annual base salary range is $108,000-$162,000. This position may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
- US Benefits Summary
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.