BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage is seeking a pre-sales Data Architect (Sales Engineer) to cover customers in the West region. Our Data Architects help customers tackle the most challenging modern data requirements with unified fast file and object (UFFO) storage. A new category of data storage that consolidates two traditionally separate storage paradigms—file and object storage—into one high-performance data solution that delivers multidimensional performance at scale. FlashBlade is the industry-leading UFFO storage platform.
- Data Architects specialize in applied use cases for FlashBlade–Analytics, AI/ML, Industry Technical Computing Solutions such as HPC, EDA, Genomics, and PACS, and Modern Data Protection (backup and rapid restore).
- Lead by example, living the Pure Values: Persistence, Creativity, Teamwork, Ownership, Customer-first.
- Develops an exhaustive understanding of what drives a customer’s business and what motivates their decision making.
- Capture requirements and translate customers' business and technical needs into innovative solutions to accelerate their business.
- Passionately bring to light the advantages of a Pure Storage solution and how we can accelerate outcomes for customers. Win the hearts and minds of customers, partners and colleagues.
- Delight customers and teammates with your technical leadership and domain expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, and competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS, SAN and Object product spaces
- Move with market trends and competitive landscape to promote thought leadership within our organization
- Develop relationships in the region with local Systems Engineering Leadership and work cross functionally to help identify skills and participation gaps in the business.
What You Bring To The Team
- 5+ years of experience as a Pre Sales Engineer, selling into Enterprise, Commercial, and SLED Accounts
- Positive energy, optimism and vision.
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured high growth environment.
- Experience working in or selling into High Performance Computing (HPC) environments (Analytics, Genomics, AI/ML, etc.) and Modern Data Protect environments.
- Deep understanding of the architecture, design and implementation of multi-tiered client/server and web-based computing solutions.
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN).
- Familiarity with modern application architecture a plus (scale-out vs scale-up architectures, NoSQL alternatives, FaaS, Etc.)
- Strong knowledge of digital transformation to a Cloud Native architecture, On-Prem, Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, Provisioning Automation, and Containers.
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems and UNIX distributed network environment.
- Familiarity with Modern Data Center design, components and operations.
- Installation/configuration of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, windowing systems.
- Knowledge of VMWare, Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Application knowledge is highly desirable.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.