BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
What You Will Be Doing
- Full software development life cycle experience (Build, Test, and Deploy) and experience with Agile development methodologies
- Create user experience with reusable components and frameworks across our platform to be seamless, intuitive, and pleasant
- Design, develop, and consume Rest APIs or Lambdas
- Design and develop cloud applications and services
- Proactive with all phases of testing including test planning, functional testing, regression testing and code review
- Utilize Git version control using GitHub
- Implement and manage CI/CD using Spinnaker Pipelines
- Specify and integrate 3rd part or externally developed web components
- Work autonomously and independently as needed
- Mentor Junior Software Developers.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or similar relevant field
- Experience working with Apache and Postgres
- Proven experience designing, implementing, and web technologies and cloud applications
- Advance experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS SDK, Lambda, Dynamo, RDS, EKS, ECR, CloudFormation)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup-like environment
- Experience implementing analytics and managing data flow for a more responsive applications and continuous improvements
- Strong ability to write requirements document and work with JIRA
Possess strong ability to create documentation, training material, and Visio/Lucid Chart diagrams
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills.
Additional Experience that would be helpful in this role but not required
- Prior experience in automated build process, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience in Nginix
- Experience working and configuring logging and monitoring frameworks (Datadog preferred)
- Experience with observability and SRE is a plus
- Experience with React and Node is a plus
- Experience with sending data to Snowflake a plus
- CI/CD experience is a plus
- Shell, and other scripting language experience is a plus
- Prior experience UX design and front-end development
- Experience working with IT, DevOps, operations, or developer communities
- Knowledge of enterprise Sales process and tools
- Advance SQL experience (Views, Stored Procedures, CTE’s)
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.