BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
As Pure scales, Pure’s Internal Audit function is investing heavily in its operational audit capabilities. We are looking for an energetic, sharp, and motivated internal audit professional with strong communication and interpersonal skills, passion and love for what they do (this is not just a job!). You will have a strong big picture, business process and advisory acumen to help design and extend the brand of Pure’s Internal Audit function. You will partner with many functions to design and execute process assessments and audits, but most importantly provide insightful risk and controls guidance as well as process improvement opportunities to support our growth.
- Report to the VP, Internal Audit, and provide leadership over financial, operational and technology risk-based audits.
- Lead other internal audit team members in directly executing operational internal audits and assuring the quality of technology focused and cybersecurity audits.
- Oversee planning, fieldwork, and reporting activities to maintain high quality deliverables. Ensure completeness, adequate supporting documentation, appropriate conclusions, consistency of approach, and compliance with internal audit professional standards.
- Communicate related risks and findings with internal stakeholders throughout the process.
- Design and propose internal audit projects to address financial and operational risks identified in the enterprise risk assessment.
- Assist in developing the annual internal audit strategy, including balance of in-house and/or outsourced internal audit resourcing to meet the business needs.
- Drive improvement efforts in efficiency and productivity of the audit process.
- Participate in enterprise risk assessment and monitoring activities.
- Provide “on the job” training, direction and coaching, and mentorship.
- Influence and promote new ideas and new ways of designing and executing assessments and audits through technology and data analytics.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with cross functional stakeholders to ensure Internal Audit is aware of business process or systems changes, share insights, assess potential risks and enable implementation of controls.
- Stay up to date on business activities, technological trends and emerging risks, and information significant to the profession and industry.
- Support special projects and investigations as needed.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed to fulfill responsibilities.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Significant experience in evaluating business and technology processes and controls with understanding and knowledge beyond SOX.
- 10+ years of related process and/or technology risk assurance experience with 5+ years operational internal audit (i.e., non SOX) leadership experience.
- Experience in “as-a-service” business model.
- Display leadership qualities in everything you do, say or write, but can also get stuff done.
- Possess an innate passion for learning (and teaching!) and enjoy working in a fluid environment.
- Have a good sense of humor and balance.
- Possess proven problem solving and analytical skills; detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude; a self-starter promoting project ownership and responsibility for actions; exhibiting project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication; strong listening, negotiation and problem-resolution skills.
- Experience managing a project team or facilitating others to engage and deliver.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business and/or related field; MBA or advanced degrees a plus
- Maintain a professional certification such as CIA, CPA, CFE
- Exude integrity in every aspect of your persona and know what it means to be accountable.
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.