BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Please note: this role can be filled in any of our talent hubs: Mountain View, Seattle Area, Salt Lake City, Chicago or New York City
At Pure, our Human Resources team is #OneHR and this is your place to Stand Out. Come join us and help Pure win by driving a culture of excellence and impact by delivering scalable and meaningful People programs and experiences through our HR functions and teams.
This role is an extended member of the R&D Leadership team and is critical-path in connecting our business direction, longer-term talent objectives, and relevant external talent trends and pressures to localize and adapt TA strategy for healthy growth in all three centers. This leader will join a seasoned leadership team ready to globalize our pursuit of excellence across Global TA, all functions. The incumbent can potentially be a successor to the Vice President, Human Resources.
- Partner with our business leaders, HRBPs and finance partners to marry talent priorities and TA strategy/execution plans
- Through your thought leadership and expertise, assure the TA strategy will fulfill R&D’s talent needs: right talent/skills, strong diversity representation, appropriate job levels, staffing to the quarterly plan - key levers
- talent attraction tactics
- investments in recruiting and sourcing capacity
- assessment and selection practices
- prioritization and goal setting
- Run TA like a business, establish leading and lagging KPIs to advance the management systems in place; leverage data to evaluate the effectiveness of recruiting programs and properly inform efforts for continuous improvement
- Embrace the power of diverse perspectives, lead through inclusion to get to the best answers and perpetuate shared ownership
- Communicate the function strategy, tactics and results to stakeholders and TA team, create transparency and engage others in actions and continuous improvement
- Development and growth of teams who will thrive and perpetuate a high achievement culture
This role requires:
- 12+ years of experience in recruiting (or closely related) profession with at least six years of experience in a people management role to effectively lead a globally distributed team of 50+
- Must bring global experience in business/talent acquisition and building teams
- Strong demonstration of a growth mindset and learning agility and be able to lead teams through ambiguity
- Looking at things with a growth mindset from a process improvement perspective
- Bring a systems thinking approach, and a mindset to work with cross functional teams, including COEs in HR
- Successful track record in developing and designing TA strategies, specifically for hiring most-competitive talent in the market - e.g., software and hardware engineers - to drive needed impact in quality, diversity and quantity of hire plus emphasizing overall productivity/operational excellence
- An innate focus on talent (our own in TA) and capability and capacity to support the career development and career satisfaction of all team members
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills to set and communicate strategy, key performance indicators (KPIs) and results
- Experience building and using capacity forecasts for business planning purposes
- Track record of establishing trust and credibility with all stakeholders and contributors through executive influence
- Ability to lead with empathy while also creating accountability among partners/others
- Motivation to pursue excellence; ability to identify, manage and enable change and instill inspirational leadership
- Experience leading a recruiting organization in an R&D-led environment (preferred)
- Within R&D – must have a good understanding of engineering, product management and product marketing
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.