BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We are looking for an inspirational, hands-on leader to guide Pure’s most senior pre-sales organization - the Principal Technologists (PTs). The PTs are highly motivated technical sales resources whose goal is to support the most strategic accounts, opportunities, and partnerships across a sales region. This leader must understand the clients' overall business and how to position the value of a Pure Solution and be an authority on Pure and industry standard technologies.
This person is responsible for ensuring the PT team is effectively supporting the strategic sales revenue opportunities of their sales area and developing strong pre-sales technical resources within the channel. This person is also responsible for driving the professional development of their PT staff, including mentorship, training, and performance evaluation. The position requires the ability to multitask between team members in their support of different clients, sales opportunities, and other initiatives.
- Develop and Lead multiple cross-functional initiatives at Pure Storage while leading and managing the existing team of Pure Storage PTs.
- Lead Pure pre-sales technical resources in order to optimize sales and revenue volume, partnering with sales leadership to ensure forecast objectives are met.
- Be a beacon of positivity capable of inspiring and motivating Pure PTs to reach higher levels of success and attracting customers to adopt Pure Storage technology.
- High degree of cross-functional engagement with other GTM and corporate functions.
- Perform key functions to recruit the industry’s top systems engineers including interviewing, hiring, monitoring, employee feedback and documentation, counseling and coaching, and performance management / improvement when needed.
- Motivate systems engineering teams and build a sense of team engagement by participating in incentive, reward, and recognition programs that connect individuals’ contributions to the organization's objectives.
- Assess skill sets and provide ongoing coaching and feedback to team members in order to meet objectives, reinforce sales methodology and provide guidance on career path direction. Implement personal development plans for individual team members.
- Obtain weekly and monthly SE to opportunity performance metrics and promote opportunity awareness and proactive SE engagement by monitoring Salesforce.com activities.
- Collect customer feedback, enhancements and feature requests and disseminate findings to product management, engineering, SE Management, corporate and technical support in order to continuously improve product offerings.
- Communicate, connect and align people within the direct team and develop internal relationships across Pure Storage.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Demonstrated ability to lead high-intensity teams and bridge communication gaps to realize results.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to realize strategic initiatives in a scaling organization.
- Strong technical acumen in the storage or related technology space with deep interest and vision for the industry.
- Experience leading from the front with a strong reputation as an industry-respected technical evangelist with demonstrated deep expertise in key technologies.
- Experience in Pre-sales, selling data storage solutions and strong understanding of business drivers for Line of Business solutions within enterprise organizations.
- Self-motivation, self-management and professionalism with advanced organizational, negotiation, problem solving skills and team building skills.
- Superior level of specialized sales and product solution knowledge and a solid understanding of Pure Storage competitive domain and technologies.
- Able to articulate and understand the customer strategy and Pure Storage solution strategy to a technical level of detail for the specific technical area and teach systems engineers these concepts.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM and opportunity management systems, preferably Salesforce.com.
- Strong technical and tactical problem solving skills and experience with complex engineering designs. Must have the ability to explain complex ideas and schemas and train sales engineering team.
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies including VMware vSphere and VDI, Citrix Zen and Microsoft HyperV architectures, Databases including Oracle and Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Exchange and storage protocols such as Fiber Channel, iSCSI and NFS and management technologies such as REST and SMIS.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory and other locations throughout the US and abroad.
- Strong work ethic, attitude and follow through ability.
- Previous experience with at least one major systems solution provider.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of systems engineering management experience.
- 10+ years of Pre-sales experience in IT
- Patents or publications a plus
Pure Storage applies a geographic based pay structure depending on an employee’s location. For applicants located in Colorado (as required by SB19-085):
- The annual base salary range is: $161,000 - $259,000. This role may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
- US Benefits Summary
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.