BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE…
Pure Storage is seeking a Technical Program Manager to lead complex engineering projects from conception to completion. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You will manage and improve existing processes, develop tools, manage software releases and deliver on other Engineering programs. You’ll be exercising independent judgment and developing recommendations that translate into a course of action.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING...
- Managing multiple concurrent projects with multiple work streams that require inputs from cross-functional stakeholders, both internally and externally;
- Establishing Agile processes where necessary and working with key stakeholders to ensure the teams are aligned always on sprint cadence and deliverable;
- Ensuring on-time delivery of all the milestones, proactively detecting slips and work collaboratively in helping address the issues;
- Providing project management, cross-functional coordination, and inter/intra team communications to deliver outstanding program outcomes on-time with high quality;
- Developing schedules, identify dependencies, critical paths, bottlenecks, risks, mitigation and maintaining execution throughout the duration of programs;
- Working with Ops team to ensure the SaaS deployments track to schedule and all acceptance criteria is met;
- Collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams to drive actions and resolutions;
- Communicating schedules, priorities, and status to all levels in the company;
- Understanding high-level technical architecture and be able to facilitate communication, conflict resolution and drive decisions on appropriate deployments;
- Capex and Opex planning activities and ensuring CapEx spend is within bounds by performing accurate and timely accounting of CapEx spend monthly/quarterly/yearly.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE…
- Technical aptitude, as evidenced by B.S. in Computer Science or related technical/quantitative field or equivalent practical experience;
- Experience in project management in software release or product design and delivery;
- Ability to understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and relevance to the marketplace;
- Leadership and technical expertise in managing complex programs;
- Ability to excel at coordinating across cross-functional teams with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Strong organizational, project management, analysis, and communication skills;
- Prior experience working in a software development role or organization is strongly preferred;
- Proficiency with generating actionable metrics, reports, and dashboards to highlight project health and status.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.