BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
As a manager in our Infrastructure and Shared services organization, you will lead a team of Systems and Software engineers who are passionate, committed, and excited to solve our most complex infrastructure service problems. You will bring your people management and technical decision making skills to bear developing teams who are working with new technologies and developing new capabilities to help build our products and services faster, with higher quality results. You’ll be responsible for developing and delivering tactical and strategic plans which improve outcomes for our customers.
- Lead a team of Software/Systems Engineers on projects used by internal Pure Storage users worldwide; be responsible for service level guarantees.
- Lead by example, care for the team, and establish credibility with the quality of the team's technical execution.
- Own the operational performance of mission critical services by leveraging automation to prevent problems from recurring and to handle all normal operational service functions.
- Manage teams to own the operational performance of, and design, write, and deliver software to improve the platform capabilities, availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Pure Storage’s infrastructure services.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience with modern infrastructure and delivery systems such as CI/CD practices, virtualization (Kubernetes, VMWare, Openstack), and observability applications.
- 3+ years of experience with technical leadership and people management
- Experience in problem-solving and analyzing distributed systems
- Experience with UNIX/Linux systems, IP networking, performance, and application issues
- Expertise in recruiting and managing a team of experienced engineers, incident response efforts, and projects
- Proficiency in software design and experience managing on-call rotations across continents, using a follow-the-sun model.
- Ability to turn technical deep-dives into architectures and detailed designs, with while also being able to participate in executive strategy discussions
- Ability to demonstrate effective communications, project management, and organizational skills
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.