BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About the role
The FlashBlade team builds the industry’s most innovative, easiest to use, high-performance, and highly available portfolio of products that are designed for the most demanding mission critical applications. While we deliver a hardware storage array, over 90% of our engineering staff are software engineers. Our customers are the most important part of our business and they love FlashBlade for its simplicity of management, the constant flow of new and exciting upgrades, and ability to live on the cutting edge of technology while never taking downtime, ever. Most recently, we extended the value of our FlashBlade capabilities into the cloud for AWS and Azure.
Flashblade team is seeking a Manager to lead a group of Technical Program Managers to drive complex engineering projects from conception to completion. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You will drive release process changes to scale to accelerate the innovation and improve existing processes, develop tools, manage software releases and deliver on other Engineering programs. You’ll be exercising independent judgment, collaborating with Engineering leaders and developing recommendations that translate into a course of action.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage group of Technical Program Managers focusing on driving release programs & engineering programs.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects with multiple work streams that require inputs from cross-functional stakeholders both internally and externally
- Provide project management, cross-functional coordination, and inter/intra team communications to deliver outstanding program outcomes on-time with high quality
- Develop schedules, identify dependencies, critical paths, bottlenecks and maintain execution throughout the duration of programs
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams to drive actions and resolutions
- Communicate schedules, priorities, and status to all levels in the company
- Works closely with Infrastructure team to monitor progress on deployment for Engineering programs
- Understand high-level technical architecture and be able to facilitate communication, conflict resolution and drive decisions on appropriate deployments
- Responsible for Capex planning activity and ensuring CapEx spend is within bounds by performing accurate and timely accounting of CapEx spend monthly/quarterly/yearly
What You Bring To The Team
- 8+ years of experience as a Technical Program Manager; MS in computer science, MBA or engineering management equivalent preferred
- Significant experience managing program managers or software engineers with a broad range of experience levels. Demonstrated success in supporting team members’ career growth
- Experience with complex, features rich programs and schedule management
- Set goals for the program, track and periodically communicate to stakeholders as well as ensure corrective actions/mitigations as needed
- Lead or participate in vendor / partner discussions to optimize the SW roadmap
- Critical problem solving and work with various stakeholders on the foundation related areas, tracking and management
- Demonstrated change agent with capabilities to identify and deliver on process changes that would enable faster time to market while driving organization consistency and efficiency
- Proven expertise in managing projects throughout the entire SDLC,including investigation, design, execution and delivering products to market on schedule, and addressing customer feedback in development
- Be the single point person for delivery decisions, exec and cross team communication and working with various functional groups to deliver the program
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical, cross-functional groups
- Drive content, schedule and overall delivery of the program and set it up for success in the field/customer base.
- Take ownership of the product quality, and metrics
- Ensure clarity and communications across business units
- Overcome obstacles by resolving issues, regardless of team boundaries, and identify and resolve teamwork issues.
- Solid project and technical judgment; ability to influence a growing organization.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.