BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Pure Storage is seeking a full time Packaging Engineer to work in our operations team; partnering with, CMs, Engineering, Product Management and Field System Engineering. This position will also need to have Engineering Change and product data (BOM) management experience.
Responsibilities for this role are:
- Collaborating with Product Management to implement customers’ feedback and request in the contract manufacturing environment.
- Lead the packaging design and qualification projects for NPI products.
- Drive cost reduction, packaging efficiency and product configuration requirements to enable low cost, low touch and efficient supply chain.
- Improve sustainability and environmental friendliness on all packaging design.
- Develop the BOM structure within PDM tool (Agile).
- Support Product Engineering team on production FA effort.
- Provide support to contract manufacturing process engineers.
- Interface with mechanical component manufacturers on tooling bring up and qualification.
- Improve manufacturing operations processes and actively enhance efficiency, consistency, cost avoidance, and customer satisfaction.
- Provide DFx and drive back fixes to engineering or contract manufacturers.
- Define quality metrics and implement monitoring / reporting mechanism at suppliers.
- Manage supplier quarterly scorecard and QBR feedback.
Qualifications for this role are:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineer, Operations Engineer, or Manufacturing Engineer, Packaging Engineer
- 5+ years as NPI product or manufacturing engineer
- 3+ years in packaging design and qualification process related experiences
- Knowledgeable and familiar with packaging shock and vibration standards, ISTA 3A and / or ASTM D7386-16.
- Experiences working in the cloud data storage, networking systems, or high-tech industry
- Experiences working with ODM and CM environment is a plus
- Experience working with Agile PDM, NetSuite ERP and Salesforce systems.
- Detail oriented, analytical, process savvy, and customer focused yet flexible and adaptable to business needs
- New Product Introduction and Product Life Cycle Management process knowledge
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment with minimal direction
- High level of teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to operate in a fast paced changing business environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Spanish speaking is a plus.
- This position will be onsite in Houston 3 days per week.
- Adaptable - undertake a variety of tasks willingly. Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required.
- Decisive - ability to make decisions quickly when faced with multiple options.
- Integrity - act with personal integrity at all times.
- Professional - Confront problems, propose solutions and take ownership through to resolution. Have a positive can-do approach to work.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.