BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About the role
Pure Storage is seeking a software engineer to create developer tools, automate fleet management and handle code merge pipeline operations. You will be working on Engineering Productivity projects such as optimizing CI/CD and merge operations, building analytics tools to derive insight from big data, developer productivity tools to handle defect management etc. You will need to partner cross functionally across development, infrastructure and quality assurance teams. You will be scaling up the processes for test driven development to run efficiently in an integrated CI / CD environment and working on infrastructure fleets spanning thousands of nodes.
In this role, you'll get to learn and contribute to the process of developing great technology and building a successful company. Our open culture and transparency in both strategy and operations allow employees a deeper level of engagement in engineering and business decisions.
Our engineers come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross-pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground-breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the smartest engineers who are the very best at what they do. We are seeking enthusiastic leaders and software engineers to build a new team to build systems, tools and processes to accelerate innovation i.e. creating a developer experience which is fun and rewarding.
What You Will Be Doing
- Build optimized pipelines and tools to scale up code management and merge operations
- Build tools to measure, report and assess code quality and highlight issues across code branches
- Develop easy-to-use tools that enable developers from various product teams to diagnose issues in test and infrastructure
- Build tools and manage capacity, monitoring and operations of the physical and virtual test fleet
- Adopt best practices such as test driven development and deliver high quality code, in an agile environment.
- Drive stable and consistent tests through tools and operational best practices
- Work with product teams to understand & fix the key issues in the test infrastructure, and improve the test pipeline to find issues as early as possible.
- Challenge Status-Quo and continue to look for opportunities to improve the process, tooling, importantly delighting our internal customers.
- Collaborate across the entire engineering organization to define test infrastructure and tools requirements by participating in product requirement & product design reviews.
What You Bring To The Team
- A strong focus on developing extensible, testable and maintainable software
- A minimum of 3 years software development experience, preferably in Python or other scripting languages.
- Natural curiosity, obsessive attention to detail and innate troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated Unix/Linux automation experience
- Agile, Test frameworks, Continuous Integration experience
- Ability to work independently in cross-functional teams
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment
- Working knowledge of test frameworks (like Pytest, JUnit, Nose) and continuous integration tools like Jenkins/Gerrit/GitLab.
- Storage protocols, networking and NAS experience is nice to have
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.