BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
INFRASTRUCTURE SHARED SERVICES TEAM
The Infrastructure Shared Services (ISS) team is responsible for all of Pure Storage's engineering infrastructure, development environment and production services. We work with all engineering teams, including FlashBlade, FlashArray, Pure1 and others to provide reliable services that are used to develop new products and features. The team supports engineering in many different environments, from our multiple data centers to various public clouds, to rolling out multiple technical solutions using the latest in Pure technology
What You Will Be Doing...
- You'll be working with a team of system admins and coders in a Tools and Infrastructure Automation role in order to help our engineering team to achieve greater efficiency.
- You'll be writing in scripting languages (probably Python and Ruby) in order to write self-service automation to let engineers help themselves, or having our infrastructure detect & self-correct problems.
- Capacity planning for an ever-growing engineering organization while looking for ways to let us use our resources more efficiently.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support critical applications/services.
- Since you will be building out new infrastructure, imagine having your hands on everything like Compute, Storage, Network, Lab setup, and more.
What You Bring To The Team...
- Experience building and maintaining infrastructure with a mindset to always automate the “boring” parts and monitor the “important” parts
- A keen interest in problem-solving. Misbehaving services are more "interesting" than "annoying"
- A positive attitude around learning new skills
- Excitement to help Engineers work on cool new stuff while making sure they don’t blow up the network or servers when they try to innovate to the next level.
- 2-3 years minimum working in either a Linux Systems Admin role or a DevOps role
- Cloud experience, preferably AWS
- Interest in troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Experience with Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
You Should Have...
- Thinking of infrastructure as code. Cloud Formation, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef etc.
- NFS, CIFS, and SMB storage protocols for NAS storage
- Experience with Pure Storage products is a plus
- Linux knowledge: Ubuntu and Centos
- Expert debugging Compute, Storage and Network issues
- Understanding of DNS, DHCP, PXE, etc
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.