BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Principal Data Architect (PDA) is the capstone of the Data Architect Organization and serves as the example of our evolution as technologists. Our Principals support the most critical opportunities and strategic customers in the areas of analytics pipelines, AI/ML, technical computing workflows, and industry solutions such as EDA, PACS and genomics. Our Principal DAs also serve as the primary conduit into FlashBlade Solutions, Eng and Product Management.
The Principal Data Architect (PDA) is a senior level Data Architect with broad, deep industry experience. The PDA has a great grasp of industry trends and a high degree of business acumen. This role focuses on up-leveling the Systems Engineering field teams, mentoring Data Architects and Systems Engineers and serving as a technical thought leader across the geography. The PDA is also a cross–functional role and has responsibility for roadmap delivery, collaborating with the field CTOs, providing feedback to Engineering and Product Management and representing Pure in regional events.
The PDA demonstrates expert-level knowledge of the storage industry and adjacent markets. Serves as a senior member of the Data Architect team and operates in close relationship with the DA Manager, developing and mentoring the DA team, driving the largest opportunities and sales campaigns across the region, own regional roadmap responsibilities, represent Pure at regional industry or marketing events, aid in developing the technical prowess of the region while developing Executive level relationships in the top strategic customers in the region. Work is non-routine and complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- Responsible for providing assistance and guidance to the sales region, delivering the best technology solutions in a dynamically evolving hyper-competitive environment. As required, leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process.
- Become a trusted and collaborative conduit/liaison between customers, partners, sales, engineering, and product management.
- Identify key trends while mapping customer challenges/needs with Pure Storage’s business and technology strategy.
- Inspire/Ignite excitement both internally and externally surrounding Pure’s vision and ability to execute.
- Ability to speak with confidence on technical subjects, market needs and conditions.
- Credible, customer focused technical resource, with the ability to align/articulate technology to business value to a variety of different audiences.
- In depth knowledge of the object and file use cases that best fit our product offerings. Ability to help define and strategize regional teams towards increasing TAM and use case opportunities. Predict long-term competitive trends, and shifts in the market; Maintains both broad and deep technical expertise across the storage industry, including Pure and relevant competitive offerings.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Provide technical leadership and mentoring for both their regional and global DA organizations. Acts as a lead technical resource and mentor to the DA organization.
- Represent Pure at industry events and key Pure marketing events within the region; fully engaged in field marketing (customer, partner).
- Focus on large or complex sales opportunities, which require creative and complex solutions.
- Assist in developing programs, productivity tools and training for the field DA and SE organization.
- Assist in developing, creation and delivery of excellent presentations and demonstrations.
- Advise internal and external clients on overall architecture and solutions. Ability to influence through presentations, demonstrations, and verbal/written communication.
- Provide direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business.
- Demonstrated ability to lead discussions through business value, aligning to technical strategy.
- Act as leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- Through understanding and analysis of TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), ROI (Return on Investment) and their applications across the Pure portfolios.
- Pure Cultural Ambassador, assisting in maintaining the company culture, to continue to retain and attract top technical talent.
- Identify customer’s business needs and align towards technical goals of the company while able to align and assign priorities.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years (industry relevant) vendor (pre-sales, technical) experience.
- 7+ years business experience with relevant storage, computer applications, File/Object, high performance architectures.
- Strong experience and understanding of regional industries such as manufacturing, automotive, industrial, agricultural, shipping, etc and key use cases for Pure FlashBlade in those industries.
- Strong understanding in storage and flash memory technologies.
- Strong innovative disposition.
- Understanding and/or hands on experience in filesystem or object storage design for high performance applications like: real time analytics, AI/ML, simulation, HPC, or other key industry use cases.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills: needs analysis, positioning, and business justification, project management.
- Thorough knowledge/experience of systems, infrastructures and application infrastructures and design.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Extensive product experience across technology vendor(s), with recognized impact and advancement of responsibility.
- Strong technical prowess, including good working knowledge of storage, compute, database, networking, and File/Object technologies; Ability to articulate and demonstrate advanced product features.
- Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations, demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
- Ability to combine big-thinking strategic perspective with a detail-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious approach coupled with a strong passion to make a difference.
- Strong executive presence and ability to evangelize momentums with a wide range of dispositions.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the broader Pure Storage organization(s).
- Proficient in working towards results, with ownership and accountability and the ability to change pace and focus in a dynamically-evolving hyper-competitive environment.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.