BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About the Role
Pure is looking for a highly motivated, self-starting and outgoing APJ Marketing lead with a proven ability to exceed assigned targets, be a true partner to the sales and partner leadership and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic technology environment.
The ideal candidate brings significant experience leading Field, Demand or Partner Marketing in APJ region and is an imaginative thinker who is innately capable of generating new ideas that will elevate the marketing execution engine.
This company-critical role will be instrumental in building and executing a marketing plan designed to grow revenue and move our organization to the next stage of growth and leadership for the fastest growing B2B data management systems provider in history.
The Head of Pure Storage APJ Marketing will be responsible for effectively defining and implementing the marketing strategy and execution across APJ, consistently delivering against the regional marketing demand generation and revenue objectives.
The candidate will be tasked to effectively grow, mentor, and lead a world-class regional marketing organization responsible for demand generation and acceleration through effective planning and execution of marketing activities, programs and campaigns including the relevant use of integrated multi-channel demand programs, data-driven marketing, digital, events, social, ABM and more.
A successful candidate will work across the entire marketing, product, partner and sales organizations to assure goals alignment, customer centricity, KPIs achievement and optimal return on marketing investment for Pure.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Lead and manage all Pure Storage marketing activities for the APJ region, defining the appropriate go-to-market strategy, investment, priorities. Execute and deliver against an aggressive plan to increase pipeline, revenue and market share.
- Build, mentor and develop a high-caliber marketing team. Inspire and earn the respect of the team, drive innovation, provide effective feedback and ensure highest levels of performance and productivity.
- Drive alignment and collaboration with key stakeholders in sales, marketing, partner, product etc. Serve as the face of Pure marketing to the customers, regional sales, product and partner executives drive proactive communication and buy in on marketing plans and ROI.
- Results Orientation. Deliver effective planning and forecasting of results with a consistent record of achieving/exceeding plans. Identify and meet performance benchmarks, driving for results with a positive impact on Pure’s brand in the market on a consistent basis and under the full range of market and economic conditions.
- Market Knowledge and Marketing innovation. Leverage knowledge of the market, understanding of market trends and competition, to effectively target activities, drive marketing innovation, identify emerging opportunities and ensure pipeline, revenue and market share gains for Pure Storage
- Proactive team member of the APJ Pure Storage Leadership team
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES DETAILS:
Within this broad experience framework, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following competencies:
- Experience leading geographically dispersed and cross functional teams
- demonstrated ability to lead through inclusion and building and mentoring a high-caliber team.
- Ability to identify and fill any talent gaps, and mentor and develop team members so that there is a robust talent pipeline within the group.
- Demonstrated capability to inspire and earn the respect of his/her people, and the interpersonal skills required to provide effective feedback, both positive and negative.
- Hands-on marketing leader who involves his/her team actively in establishing benchmarks, brainstorming strategies for success, and holds himself/herself and his/her team to a consistent standard of excellence.
- Deep marketing experience and a Sales- enabler mindset
- Significant experience in B2B technology marketing across field, channel or demand management
- Experience as a strategic, outcome-based innovator of high profile, industry-leading brands
- Experience in strategic marketing planning and the ability to create programs that return desired results.
- Experience creating and managing budgets, calculating ROI and explaining performance of managed programs.
Strategy Execution – Development of the marketing strategy and program plan for Americas including execution of media plans, community building, events, social / digital campaigns, direct mail, scripts, email, and more. This role will drive the relevant approach for teams to deliver on time, on brand, on budget, while ensuring quality, consistency, and compliance. As necessary, he / she will revise marketing campaign plans & shift resources to respond to changing marketing conditions or pipeline gaps.
Field Enablement – Communicate the overall plan to field sales stakeholders, corp marketing, product and partners. Empower teams to drive rollout of marketing tactics and assets that align with the needs of the business. Anticipate stakeholder conflicts and drive managerial resolution to avoid delay of market delivery. Communicate proactively with sales teams to demonstrate marketing effectiveness and to seek out areas of improvements. Proactively provide feedback to other marketers to improve overall marketing performance.
Lead and Pipeline Management – Strong understanding of internal lead and pipe management systems in order to oversee proper access and management of leads and to empower teams to improve lead development, quality and flow throughout the customer buying cycle. Review reports to understand the impact of marketing programs on pipeline health and to follow-up on necessary actions to drive alignment with relevant business stakeholders and manage escalations proactively.
Data and Performance Management – Be familiar with systems of records, including SFDC, reports, dashboards and seek to identify insights, enhancements and improvement opportunities.
Market Research/Analysis – Leverage market research and analyses in order to improve strategic approaches and tactical actions. Share relevant intelligence to all marketers to deliver optimized execution of tactics. Align strategies, observations and interpretations with other involved parties.
Asset Development and Management – Understand and reinforce strategic decisions around asset, campaign and programs development, asset creation, including brand, messaging, taxonomy, layout, and more. Advise and enable global teams to deliver high quality assets. Use influence to assure that asset development is optimized across marketing teams including those not directly involved in the process. Proactively influence operating model, governance, and new developments as relevant to marketing execution.
Agency Management – Consult with management team on strategic agency decisions and enforce relevant purchasing and vendor guidelines, legal implications, and other contractual obligations. Identify the overall budget structure for agency engagement in line with organizational structure and objectives.
Customer Service and Relationship Management – Maintain a high level of customer focus, thereby proactively participating in customer engagements when possible. Leverage insights to derive and optimize future strategies, optimize resources and investments, and identify respective development for teams. Create a valuable customer experience by servicing inquiries, resolving problems, etc. and proactively anticipate customer needs.
Influencing Skills - Possess the executive presence, credibility and tenacity to successfully influence the broader Pure organization, including the product marketing and sales organizations. Invest in building relationships with others and uses the informal structure and culture of the organization to get things done. must demonstrate the personal flexibility to adapt and compromise when necessary, while actively contributing new innovative thinking to the broader organization.
A successful candidate will bring people together across organizational boundaries to achieve results as a team and share best practices.
Channel & Ecosystem – Understand the importance of different routes-to-market and integrate partners into marketing execution strategy, including respective pipeline targets. Collaborate and coordinate with GPO colleagues to create efficiencies between direct and indirect GTM approaches.
- Progressive leader with 10+ years deep level, cross-marketing experience on field marketing, digital marketing, inside sales, partner marketing, customer marketing and brand
- Prior experience managing APJ marketing regional teams and direct experience building an effective marketing process, organization and execution model, as well as building and managing multi-channel demand gen and brand campaigns
- Experience leading geographically dispersed and cross functional teams with exceptional interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Successful execution and consistent delivering on core KPIs
- Proven innovation in marketing strategy and execution
- Expertise in B2B Technology marketing
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence and work cross-organizationally with a broad range of peers and executives
- Strategic & analytical - experience creating and managing budgets, calculating ROI and explaining performance of managed programs
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.