BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Pure in Prague
We opened our R&D Second Home (besides the one in Silicon Valley) in Prague in January 2020 and since then we have experienced unbelievable growth. Our Engineers are solving complex engineering problems (from low-level system software to cloud computing) that help us innovate our cutting-edge products. Besides our world-class Software Engineering teams, we have many other talented colleagues working in Product Management, Sales, Finance, and HR to name a few. What’s more, we’ve developed these teams from talent across the globe.
The FlashArray team builds the industry’s most innovative, high-performance, and highly available portfolio of products, that are designed for the most demanding mission-critical applications. While we deliver a hardware storage array, over 90% of our engineering staff are software engineers. Our customers are the most important part of our business and they love FlashArray for its simplicity of management, the constant flow of new and exciting upgrades, and the ability to live on the cutting edge of technology while never taking downtime, ever. Most recently, we extended the value of our FlashArray capabilities into the cloud with CloudSnap and Cloud Block Store for AWS. These new innovations enable our customers to leverage the agility of the public cloud for both traditional IT and cloud-native applications.
Security is at the front of our minds and is not an afterthought. The FlashArray Security Team serves two primary functions: to build security-oriented product capabilities, and to champion and drive security standards and best practices for the FlashArray product. A successful candidate will have experience working in the intersection of engineering practices and security concerns.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL...
- Work closely with one or more development teams, helping to design and implement the product so that it conforms to the highest security standards
- Create secure design patterns and libraries in areas such as data protection, key management, authentication and authorization
- Help define and design security code analysis tools and framework
- Conduct architecture reviews and white box security testing to assess and validate application security
- Monitor and track progress of found vulnerabilities and maintain the history
- Explain and demonstrate vulnerabilities to application/system owners, and provide recommendations and solution prototypes for mitigation
- Issue reports on assigned application and system scans
- Define, maintain and enforce application security best practices
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE..
- A minimum of 5 years of systems software development experience (C/C++/Java)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with security technologies (network security, application security, authN/AuthZ, identity management, PKI, cryptography, etc.)
- Familiarity with penetration testing, OSS scanning, static code analysis, and dynamic code analysis
- Experience obtaining security oriented certifications such as FIPS and Common Criteria is a plus.
- The ability to balance usability against security
- Familiarity with emerging security trends (such as ransomware)
- Natural curiosity with proven design sensibility and willingness to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment
- Experience in any number of related systems software projects e.g: Distributed systems, Operating systems, Hypervisors, Containers, etc.
- Good understanding of SaaS development and deployment process and agile SW development methodologies
- A BS degree in Computer Science; Advanced degrees are a bonus!.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.