BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
What You Will Be Doing
- Primary duties will be to support Pure Storage’s inside sales team in the Chicago/Oak Brook office and be the technical voice (trusted advisor) which convinces our prospects and customers that Pure solutions meet their needs, and are in their best interests.
- Assist prospects and customers with demonstrations, system configurations, and answers to technical questions and be responsible for removing technical barriers in the sales process through opportunity qualification, product demonstrations, and technical presentations, via Zoom or other mediums.
- Respond to telephone and electronic communications from customers, resellers, Inside Account Executives, and Management team regarding product applications, pricing, and ongoing projects.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, and competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS and SAN product spaces.
- Technically understand our competitors’ products, so a suitable Pure Storage replacement can be recommended.
- Provide knowledge sharing with new Inside Account Executives to ensure their ability to position and sell Pure Storage solutions.
- Proactively follow up on outstanding proposals, generated leads, customer requests, etc. in an effort to drive sales growth objectives for the company.
- Work with established programs and sizing tools to provide customers with product performance solution that meets and exceeds their expectations.
- Apply critical thinking techniques to work through difficult customer situations while understanding appropriate time to escalate to Inside Sales Executive or supervisor.
- Exhibit strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management in helping to define product requirements and usability.
- Perform other related duties, as needed.
- You will report to the local Systems Engineering Manager.
What You Bring To The Team
- 2+ years of experience in the technology industry or other relevant technical experiences.
- 2+ years of experience with data center architecture
- Strong phone presence and experience in a high-volume customer interaction environment.
- Conscientious attitude and dependability, strengths in teamwork and communication.
- Confidence, articulate and professional speaking abilities, and a strong ability to listen well.
- Ability to collect data, identify problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Preparation and delivery of technical product and architecture presentations.
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN)
- Passion for technology and aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Strong knowledge of VMware, Windows, UNIX OS variants (Linux, AIX, …), NFS file systems and network environments.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and proactively, while applying a high level of business and technical acumen to a variety of situations.
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Demonstrated listening, written communication and product presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects, in real-time scenarios.
- Domestic, overnight travel 5-10% of the time.
- Salesforce.com experience preferred.
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
Culture & Perks
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
For Colorado Applicants (as required by SB19-085):
- Annual salary range of [$93,800 - $140,700]. This position may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
- US Benefits Summary
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.