BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We are looking for self-motivated individuals with a proven track record in building data management solutions that solve customer business challenges. You will partner with customers, Sales, SE and Product teams, to develop highly scalable, resilient data management solutions that deliver the outcomes defined by our customers. You love thinking strategically about business problems, products, and technical challenges and thrive on connecting technology with measurable business value for customers. Most importantly, working as a team with your peers to close massive deals energizes you!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Strategically drive new business in enterprise accounts in close synergy with the account teams to achieve product and services bookings targets
- Have a passion for designing, developing and building large scale data management solutions for major enterprise customers
- Cultivate a professional and consultative relationship with the customer, at the executive, purchasing and storage administrative level, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the customer
- Customarily and regularly engage at client facilities and deliver high impact presentations, leveraging strong technical skills.
- Take on a leadership role in analyzing requirements and performing advanced solution designs across a breadth of Pure and Hyper-scaler products and services.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE…
- Strong working knowledge of the sales process, including the identification of customer use cases, development of ROI models, and value-based selling.
- 5 + year’s experience with selling into and/or consulting for US federal agencies across the full Public Sector vertical.
- Experience working with FSI’s and other public sector integrators
- Intimate working knowledge on how to size, scope and position Pure’s Services Portfolio.
- High degree of technical competency to respond to customer needs and to discuss product capabilities and applications with technical users/buyers.
- Experience in coordination and submission of winning proposals (RFQs, RFIs, RFPs), effective contract negotiations, appropriate/applicable interpretation of contract terms and conditions, issue identification and risk mitigation
- Demonstrated experience in selling and closing large, solution-oriented opportunities
- Competency in some or all of the technology pillars that enable customers to leverage Pure’s Modern Data Experience - Data Management/Protection/Migration, Analytics/AI/ML, Business Applications, and MultiCloud.
- Working understanding of Hybrid Cloud strategies and major players in this space.
- Well versed on strengths and weaknesses of key competitors in the data storage industry and how to leverage this knowledge
- Working knowledge of ‘Go To Market’ Sales Motions across both Enterprise and Global accounts
- 10+ years as a Consulting sales professional in data management, with focused experience selling into Enterprise accounts.
- 5+ years designing solutions including virtualization, storage, security and networking
- Executive presence and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Up to 25% travel is possible
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.