BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
The Pure Storage Global Systems Integrators, Solutions Architect (GSI, SA) is a senior level technical Solutions Architect who will work with Pure’s GSI client, Kyndryl across APJ. In turn, they will also work with the GSIs’ end clients in collaboration with our end user pre-sales and account teams.
The GSI SA has a phenomenal grasp of IT industry trends, broad and deep IT industry experience and a high degree of business insight.
You will be working in the forefront of Pure’s global sales capability. The GSI business is the growth area for Pure and the GSI SA is a key role in engaging clients in conversations about their technology needs to help them in their transformation to embrace Digital business.
You will be responsible for defining the end to end solution including the industry and business approach, implementation methods, use of technology, business and IT processes and will influence the commercial and financial models.
You will need to have a broad base of skills and experience and will work in small teams in an autonomous manner.
You will have a confirmed pedigree of working on and leading large IT projects whether those are consulting, pre and post-sales transformational IT services or IT projects.
You will be knowledgeable across industry, business, IT strategy and technology domains and be comfortable presenting to GSI account leaders, discussing process with business managers or working with developers on solution strategy, architecture and code and with storage admins designing operating models – from boardroom to hackathon to storage ops.
Critically you will be accustomed to creating a value proposition that is directly linked to a client’s business model and issues. To be successful you will be experienced in quickly learning new business models and drivers and will be able to articulate how Pure and the GSI can help them meet their goals. You will keep up with the latest trends, be a disruptive thinker and have experience of driving cultural change in organizations.
This role is likely to come from technical background and have transitioned through an architecture role before growing their business and commercial skills. Understanding our client's business fundamentals and industry drivers, then being able to build rapport with business leaders is key to ensuring that new disruptive approaches are taken up by the GSIs and their clients.
Assume technical across a number of areas – importantly you understand data and storage technology but also data science, modern IT architecture modelling, Agile application development and DevOps methods, CICD, automation principles, infrastructure operations, project management and IT security.
We are seeking an applicant with gravitas and authenticity. They will be expected to have first class interpersonal skills combined with a comfortable, open and compelling communication and presentation style.
You can apply your experience and confidence to take ownership of Pure’s solution and create structure when needed to deal with ambiguity or no existing Pure offering with which to fulfil the GSI’s or end client’s requirements.
You will produce collateral for their clients in the form of presentations, short papers, demonstrations, proofs of concepts etc. These can be harvested back into Pure for reuse. They will also have the ability and will to design and build joint offerings with the GSI, combining Pure products and GSI area of expertise.
You are a believer in lifelong learning. Training will take up ~10% of their time. They will also attend industry conferences and disseminate the information that they have gathered to their peers and colleagues.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- First class influencing skills, able to quickly become a though leader and trusted advisor
- Understand commercial and disruptive technology trends in the client’s market and understand how these interact to constrain and inform a target solution.
- Understand customer business by actively researching their sector to resolve business issues. Establish technical credibility with existing and prospective clients; providing the ability to cultivate relationships and envision creative sales and solution strategies that generate additional revenue.
- Understand what represents best of breed from a technology perspective in your customer’s vertical market. Understand who the leaders and disrupters are in their peer group and why.
- Excellent communication including written, diagrammatic and oral and able to reduce complex ideas to simple terms and express these to both a non-technical and technical audience
- Understand what the proposed solution and change programme will deliver from a business and benefits perspective and to advise on areas where this is not congruent with the evolving solution.
- Responsible for helping guide the sales team to deliver the best technology in a dynamically-evolving hyper-competitive environment
- Become a trusted and collaborative conduit between sales, engineering, and product management
- Identifying key trends and mapping customer challenges/needs with Pure Storage’s technology strategy
- Inspire/Ignite excitement internally and externally around the company's long-term vision and ability to execute against the market trend while being the best choice for customers’ business.
- Help maintain the company technical culture in an effort to continue to retain and attract top technical talent
- Predict long-term bold trends due to the constant shifts in the market
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for the SE organization
- Engage in field marketing events
Qualifications and Requirements
- Product experience across technology vendors across APJ especially with Kyndryl
- Strong technical prowess, including good working knowledge of storage, compute, database, networking, virtualization and emerging technologies such as New Stack, AI/ML and/or Big Data Analytics where collaboration in the community and on social media is an advantage
- Ability to combine big-thinking strategic perspective with a detail-oriented approach to problem solving
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious approach coupled with a strong passion to make a difference
- Ability to work collaboratively across the broader Pure Storage organization
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in technical leadership expertise
- Understanding in flash memory technologies
- Strong innovative disposition
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.