BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
As a PS Architect, you will utilise your strong technical competencies to provide the highest level of implementation capability and technical consultation to both customers and Pure sales teams to support sales goals. You will work on cross-functional teams including Sales, Product Marketing, Business Development Managers, Services, and engineering to scope and help sell Professional Services solutions for homogeneous and heterogeneous solutions to customers/partners. You will become intimately acquainted with the customer's/partner’s business requirements, technical needs, systems, environment, and service history, enabling you to build and present targeted solutions to our customer base as a member of the hands-on team delivering these services across EMEA. The role covers pre-sales and delivery functions, and you will be comfortable with performing either role as demand dictates. You will possess a thorough understanding of IT architecture, designing solutions, networking, and implementation of these solutions and you must have significant experience in the field of replication, clustering, cloud offerings as well as data migrations, technologies, and solutions. You will also be experienced in delivering large scale and complex projects utilising all the mentioned offerings and will also be skilled in scripting to enable automation of these processes where appropriate.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
In this role, you'll:
- Understand prospect’s technical needs related to a specific market or specific product (i.e. block, virtualised, file solutions, clustering, replication best practice, disaster recovery, business contingency, cloud solutions, containers)
- In a post-sales consultative role to support the implementation of the professional services solution that was scoped and subsequently sold.
- Advise and consult the sales teams on engineering developments and strategies for replication, clustering, and data migrations, ensuring these solutions meet and integrate into our clients DR and BCP best practices.
- Deliver technical solutions to our customers, either as a sole resource or member of a team.
- Preparation and delivery of technical and architectural solutions.
- Contribute significant portions for data migration solutions to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs.
- Strategically driving new business in enterprise accounts in close synergy with the account teams to achieve product and services bookings targets
- Designing, developing and building large scale data management solutions for major enterprise customers
- Cultivate a professional and consultative relationship with the customer, at the executive, purchasing and storage administrative level, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the customer
- Working with our account teams across the region, understanding variances in sales motions across the region
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 10+ years (preferred) of overall technical experience
- 5-8 years (preferred) as a SME / Solutions Architect
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering; or equivalent work experience; a Graduate Degree is preferred.
- A history of scoping services offerings including data migration, integration, operational readiness, business continuity and disaster recovery solutions
- Well versed on strengths and weaknesses of key competitors in the data storage industry and how to leverage this knowledge
- Executive presence and communication skills
- Experience providing technical leadership and consulting on large projects or service engagements
- Block and file storage solutions, on-premise and in the cloud
- Understanding of automation solutions and orchestration platforms
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilise them in a customer-facing environment.
- Experience in coordination and submission of winning proposals (RFQs, RFIs, RFPs), effective contract negotiations, appropriate/applicable interpretation of contract terms and conditions, issue identification and risk mitigation
- German and English language skills
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.