BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Pure Storage is proud to support a world-class employee experience, and people teams like Pure’s HR Operations & Shared Services Team are a core part of our global experience. We engage with our 4,000+ employee population across 37 countries in a regional structure, and our Team Leads and HR Operations Specialists partner with our employees, HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition and other cross-functional teams to deliver best-in-class support and perspective.
- Responsible for leading the regional HR Shared Services Team (HRSSC) team and managing their performance, ensuring exceptional service delivery and customer service.
- Support, develop and train the HRSSC team on systems and processes. Serve as an escalation point to resolve complex issues for team members.
- People leadership responsibilities through the lens of running regional HR operations as a business - understanding of the global HR strategy and how regional HR operations planning and governance mechanism plays into that strategy
- Liaison across the region as well building integrated solutions through HR COE's and the HR Business Partner community, with an eye towards standardization
- Understands processes - regional, global - and how to evaluate gap analyses and problem solve to address issues for timely resolution
- Builds, leads and defines success metrics for a team of regional HR Operations Specialists & Consultants. Accountable for the day-to-day performance metrics, ensuring clear SLA's and KPI's align to effective and positive employee experience. Recommend and implement continuous process improvements.
- Liaison to the region HR Business Partner team members
- Ensures that the regional HR Operations team meets or exceeds expected performance levels, timely and accurately
- Works with HR technology team to build and implement highly responsive regional and local solutions
- Works with analytics teams to develop regional and global insights from the region HR Operations centers
- Acts as an activator for HR programs in the region.
- Works with global COE's on policy and procedure creation (with global COE's as owners of the overall strategy and regions as owner of the strategy execution), using local requirements (by country) and region subject matter expertise to guide on global strategy
- Actively participate in the creation, documentation and management of end-to-end employee lifecycle HR processes and policies.
- Accountable for data integrity and ensure changes are reflected in monthly payroll submissions. Ensure appropriate and relevant audit controls are in place. Serve as a key liaison for complex Payroll escalations.
What you bring to the table:
- 4-6+ year(s) experience in a HR position, with 1-2 years leading a team either in a direct or matrix environment
- 1-2 years experience or exposure in HR Business Partner / HR Generalist work activities
- Bachelor's degree and / or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple work engagements and projects across different time zones, oftentimes simultaneously
- Can work autonomously across the role work streams - HR business partner engagement, COE interactions - to guide and propose outcomes
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of regional HR legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of country-specific benefits and rewards, etc.
- Strong process improvement mindset and high level of comfort working with technology to develop HR related solutions for a growing global workforce at different levels
- Understanding of LEAN, Design Thinking, AGILE and quality practices (such as Six Sigma) a plus
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Broad knowledge of how HR Centers of Excellence (COE's) function
- Previous experience partnering with client-facing HR Business Partners on a wide range of topics (programs, change management, etc.)
- Has an opinion on current and future work matters - thinks, plans, and executes resourcefully
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than January 18, 2022. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.