BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
As a Technical Marketing Engineer (TME), you will represent the Product Management organization on technical marketing aspects of FlashBlade throughout the product life cycle. The TME will develop, author, publish and deliver technical product information, technical white papers, and best practices guides that enhance the technical pre-sales teams’ selling abilities.
This individual may also be involved in characterizing performance requirements across a wide range of workloads spanning from industry-standard benchmarks to specific applications. You will also work with established and potential business development partners, interoperability testing, and product evangelism.
The Technical Marketing Engineer will work closely with product management, product marketing, and engineering providing detailed requirements and recommendations to help set the strategic direction for the product line. Additionally, you will be providing feedback and guidance to the software and hardware engineering teams regarding customer requirements, use cases, and important features and capabilities in the products that Pure Storage develops.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a subject matter expert for FlashBlade and assist pre-sales technical teams including the creation and execution of pre-sales technical training. Initial areas will be hardware and system configuration, performance and sizing, file and object protocols, and networking. Data protection (snapshots and replication) along with 3rd party software for integration and management will also be areas of focus.
- Plan and develop technical collateral to highlight best practices resulting from functional and performance testing. This includes developing architecture white papers, solution design guides, integration guides, and reference architectures. This analysis will also include determining the ideal method for simulating and testing the product/solution in a "real environment". Significant experience in server, network, and storage areas and testing is desirable.
- Provide a source for reliable technical information and advice on products to the Pure Storage product management, product marketing, and hardware and software engineering teams. Must be able to define in detail use cases on current or new product capabilities.
- Provide technical support to Marketing in developing and implementing marketing programs (e.g.: collateral, events, shows, webinars etc.) and participate in trade shows by providing technical demonstrations and expertise as related to product performance.
- Create and deliver highly technical presentations to customers and sales and technical partners.
- Be a broad technical expert on the implementation and use of the FlashBlade product.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 7+ years of technical background with an in-depth and hands-on understanding of SAN, NAS, and object storage
- BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Broad, overall datacenter and software knowledge required with significant enterprise technical depth in: compute and virtualization hardware/software, networking and security
- Experience in managing multiple complex tasks and prioritizing based on business need
- Experience in generating various technical documents and reports including best practices guides and whitepapers
- Strong knowledge of Unix, Windows, Linux, and File Systems
- Must have knowledge of Unix shell scripting and Python scripting
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and Containers is a plus
- Experience with Flash storage is a plus
- Experience with SW Development, Big Data Applications and/or Machine Learning is a plus
- Strong writing and communication skills required
- Analysis and problem-solving skills required
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than January 18, 2022. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.