BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
PURE IN PRAGUE
We opened our R&D Second Home (besides the one in Silicon Valley) in Prague in January 2020 and since then we have experienced unbelievable growth. Our Engineers are solving complex engineering problems (from low-level system software to cloud computing) that help us innovate our cutting-edge products. Besides our world-class Software Engineering teams, we have many other talented colleagues working in Product Management, Sales, Finance, and HR to name a few. What’s more, we’ve developed these teams from talent across the globe.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The FlashBlade team at Pure is seeking an Automation engineer for System Integration Testing. The mission: to build and maintain an evolving suite of automated tests that qualify “Scale, Stress, and Load” before System Testing. You will be working with Developers, System Test engineers, and Product Managers to bring optimal test coverage to this area.
What you will be doing:
- Design and build software and systems that helps to discover “Scale, Load, and Stress” issues as early as possible in the release cycle.
- Create tools and automation that builds Development Teams confidence on features that require scale, load and stress testing.
- Building Infrastructure as Code - deploying operating systems and network configuration for automated testing.
- Provide insight to and implement fundamentals such as monitoring, production best-practices, incident response, and self-services.
- Work with Pure Storage hardware and software (we build on top of our own leading-edge technology: Flashblade).
- Work with software and hardware technologies (Docker, VMware, Kubernetes, FlashArray, Portworx, Ethernet Switching, Server Technologies ) .
What you bring to the team:
- min 3 years of software development experience, preferably in Python.
- Proficiency in software testing fundamentals and test automation - preferably within an enterprise storage product environment (either on-premise or cloud).
- Comfortable using git to check-in and Jenkins to run developed automation tests. Code reviews are second nature. Quality focused mindset for automation (coding to test the test code - unit tests, etc.)
- Highly skilled at using Infrastructure as Code tools (such as: Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc) and integrating them into automation suites in a VMware infrastructure. Have used such tools to deploy an end to end test ecosystem.
- Experience with Container Technology such as Kubernetes, Docker with ability to leverage and assess such environments to reduce overall footprint of infrastructure needs compared to strictly using VMs, or thick test clients. Have an efficiency mindset.
- Experience in development and testing of RESTful web services and backend APIs.
- Experience with object (S3), file (NFS/SMB) storage and networking protocols. Have worked with and automated synthetic IO/workload tools like fio, HCIbench, IOZone, and Load Dynamics, etc.
- Experience with the following Operating systems and technologies preferred, such as Linux (Debian, RHEL), Databases, Hypervisors (VMware, KVM, Hyper-V).
- Have worked within Agile, Test-Driven Development, and Continuous Integration organizations.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams to gather data to help with future automation project roadmaps.
- A BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than January 18, 2022. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.