BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pure’s largest to date and our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes and containers.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We’re seeking a talented and motivated Technical Marketing Engineer (aka Developer Advocate) who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and play a critical role in growing the company. You must be comfortable interfacing with engineering, marketing, sales, customers and partners to help position the company, create content, and evangelize our technology to the market.
- You are a deep, full-stack cloud technologist with an edge towards databases and other data services. You have a track record of building distributed applications end-to-end, not just reading about them.
- You are passionate about databases, Kubernetes, data management, and building stateful applications in modern clusters.
- You have a history of leadership and service in Kubernetes, container and database communities, and you have a passion for making applications work.
- You have a deep understanding for various SQL and NoSQL databases including but not limited to Cassandra, Kafka, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Couchbase and or others.
- You have great technical writing skills demonstrated via documentation, blog posts and other written work.
- You are a social animal. You like meeting new people on and offline.
- You are a great public speaker and are sought after for your expertise and presentation style.
- You don't mind charging your laptop and phone in airport lounges (when it’s not a global pandemic!), staying productive and professional on the road. You are willing and eager to travel anywhere our developer communities meet.
- You respect work-life balance, but don't mind working irregular hours and weekends occasionally as the job demands to support hackathons, conferences, user groups, and other developer events.
We need help with:
- Creating high-quality technical content for publication on our blog and other channels to show Kubernetes, container and DevOps communities how to implement specific Kubernetes storage and data management solutions.
- Running evaluations on industry solutions which includes research, benchmarking, performance, solution integration, failure testing and more.
- Building reference architectures and solutions with other industry and Pure solutions.
- Spread the word about Kubernetes storage and data management by speaking and sharing your expertise at relevant user groups and conferences.
- Evangelizing Kubernetes and Portworx technologies to the community, as well as to DevOPs/IT organizations chartered with operational management of stateful containers.
- Promoting the needs of Kubernetes, container and DevOps communities and users to the Portworx product and engineering team, so that we build the right products in the right way.
- Supporting Kubernetes, container and DevOps communities building containerized applications wherever they are, on forums, social media, and everywhere in between.
For Colorado Applicants (as required by SB19-085):
- Minimum annual base salary of $86,000. This position may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
- US Benefits Summary
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than January 18, 2022. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.