BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The IT PMO Director will play a key role in establishing end to end vision to ensure delivery of technology strategy to meet business objectives. The position partners closely with the CIO to create and execute on the new IT operating model to support digital, data and agile aspirations of the organization through strategic projects and programs in the IT demand pipeline.
Additionally, the IT PMO Director will be a key leader working across company business initiatives to help drive definition, prioritization, scope and implementation success on business transformation initiatives. A key component of this will be to define and implement the changes to the IT project management delivery, business processes, systems and technology, and organization structures to enable this vision. This role will create and execute change management and communications strategies to maximize business partner engagement and develop / implement a clear reporting strategy for all key IT projects and programs.
- IT PMO for all IT functions including Corporate Security, Service Delivery, Business Application, and Infrastructure Project Management
- Represents IT in the Company wide Project Review Board (PRB)
- Leads the identification and implementation of Agile project management processes, methods, tools, guidelines and standards. Creates a roadmap and a realistic execution plan to get to the target state.
- Establish the standards, forms, processes, and roles and responsibilities for the PMO and it’s supported ecosystems.
- Proficient in analyzing critical paths; schedule management; resource planning; risk/issue identification and control; weekly and monthly status reporting across the enterprise
- Designs and implements IT Balanced Scorecards/dashboards to report on portfolio, projects, operations, vendors, financial and talent health of the organization on monthly, quarterly, yearly basis
- Builds and maintains relationships with senior leadership and key PMO stakeholders, and acts as a trusted advisor
- Aligns leaders on PMO responsibilities, and establishes accountability for standardized processes, reporting, and governance. Aligns initiatives/projects to ensure alignment on organizational priorities
- Regularly reviews and evaluates opportunities to improve the project management best practices in order to achieve higher maturity in PMO Organization/Portfolio-Wide Reporting
- Optimizes the organizational project and infrastructure portfolio to deliver on strategic initiatives and Operational excellence.
- Proficient at executive level reporting, data visualization and insight generation
- Proven leadership skills, with experience managing teams with direct and indirect reporting structures.
- Ability to coach and mentor team work as part of a team, communicate and foster collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to senior leaders and the ability to lead meetings and communicate course of action
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 10 years designing and leading IT PMO experience, technology strategic planning and budgeting spanning the entire organization using various methodologies (e.g., zero-based budgeting, agile etc.) and portfolio management
- 5 years of experience in leading transformations building new operating models, leading change across the enterprise of talent, processes and technologies
- 5 years of proven experience in leading Agile transformation across enterprise, well versed in talent, tools, governance models, project/financial planning and reporting required for execution
- 5 years of experience in building IT balanced scorecards, KPI management, and operational reporting
- 5 years of technology change management, stakeholder mgmt., and communications experience
- B.S., B.A. in Computer Science or related discipline, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or equivalent job experience.
- Advanced Degree preferred
- Certified Scrum Master
- Agile Certified Practitioner certification from PMI
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the technology strategy, vision, ways of working and inspire/motivate the IT organization to work in alignment with standard processes and procedures
- Effectively work across multiple business units, matrixed environments in influencing and establishing IT PMO vision, standards and policies, coordinating the delivery of multiple projects.
- Expertise in enterprise portfolio reporting (resource mgmt., project execution, operations, financial, risks etc.) and ability to deliver on leadership needs for financial and tactical data
- Expertise in one or more project management methodologies, preferably PMI and Agile
- Expertise in Technology project management tools and the DevOps toolchain
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain IT concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the IT organization.
- Experience handling IT enterprise level programs including Business Transformation, Infrastructure and Application Development programs.
- A distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills. (This is a highly visible position with substantial impact.)
- Business acumen including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital and data business,
- Change leadership strong consultation and communication skills
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than January 18, 2022. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.