BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The FlashBlade team builds the industry’s most innovative, high-performance, and highly available portfolio of products that are designed for the most demanding mission critical applications. While we deliver a hardware storage array, over 90% of our engineering staff are software engineers. Our customers are the most important part of our business and they love FlashBlade for it's simplicity of management, the constant flow of new and exciting upgrades, and ability to live on the cutting edge of technology while never taking downtime, ever. FlashBlade enables our customers to leverage the agility of the public cloud for both traditional IT and cloud-native applications.
WHAT YOU AND YOUR TEAM WILL BE DOING…
- Full life cycle software development from architecture through development, release and maintenance.
- Requirements analysis and specification.
- Designing, coding, and debugging systems in C/C++ required and python is also desired.
- Implementation of software for inventory, configuration, fail over, environmental monitoring, enclosure management, event handling, etc.
- Inter-component interface design (both SW<->HW and application<->system software).
- System power on and bring-up.
- Integration with existing infrastructure, and cross-team development to support new features and capabilities.
- Vendor requirements specification and follow through to system delivery.
- Software for firmware management including versioning, updating, minimizing availability impact, etc.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- You will have proven ability and the desire to work in a collaborative and team oriented environment.
- Excellent C++ coding skills (object oriented design and C++ 11 familiarity is desirable)
- Hands on experience with hardware platforms, including design/requirements feedback, bring-up, debugging, customer delivery, and support.
- Experience with most or all of: CPU architectures (x86 preferred), BMC, BIOS, EEPROM, SAS, PCI-e, I2C (and SMBUS, PMBUS variants).
- 3+ years of experience working with remote teams at a product company.
- 4-7+ years experience developing on Linux or other *NIX variant at a product company.
- Bachelor’s or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Linux Kernel or device driver experience.
- Storage experience is desirable but not necessary.
- You love technology, working with talented people and have a passion to build cool new products.
- You are flexible, accountable and have excellent communication skills.
- You value soft skills and are enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated.
- You thrive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than January 4, 2022. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.