BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pure’s largest to date and our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes and containers.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
As a Group Product Marketing Manager responsible for Portworx, within the Cloud Native Business Unit of Pure Storage, you will be involved with development and execution of go-to-market plans for Pure’s cloud native, container, and Kubernetes solutions. We are looking for an extremely motivated team player to deliver innovative solutions that address real customer use cases and challenges as we help the world’s biggest brands and companies simplify and build modern applications.
You will be responsible for evangelizing the recently acquired Kubernetes data services platform called Portworx, as part of Pure’s cloud native solutions—to drive market awareness and adoption by developing innovative product marketing content. The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate an understanding of the modern cloud native stack (Kubernetes, open-source data services, CSI storage plugins, etc.), modern data protection, and be able to translate them into relatable, consumable content for customers as well as Pure’s sales teams. This is a highly cross-functional role where you will collaborate with other product marketing leads, product management, technical marketing, demand generation, sales, and corporate marketing to build and execute GTM plans. You will:
- Be a product marketing expert with an understanding of the Portworx Kubernetes Data Services solutions
- Channel the voice of the customer—understand the pain points and aspirations of the target buyer and user personas.
- Work closely with product management and technical marketing teams to translate the technical vision into marketing communications as new products are introduced.
- Create, define, and own the content machine for product messaging. Show your expertise on all forms of collateral: data sheets, slides, web content, videos, blogs, solution briefs, infographics, etc.
- Work closely with the demand generation, events, and field marketing teams to ensure that marketing collateral is consistent with product messaging.
- Build sales collateral and sales enablement material as well as maintain the collateral library.
- Show your creative flair with infographics, Google Slides, and visual representation of messages and create the “aha” moment for your audience.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE (Qualifications)
- 12+ years of experience in a product marketing, solution marketing or content marketing role for Cloud or SaaS products. Product management candidates should also apply.
- Demonstrated success in positioning and launching differentiated products
- Recognized as professional communicator/speaker and enjoy writing
- Strong aptitude for translating technical differentiators into simple stories
- The desire to redefine the benchmark for excellence, be part of something big and learn as much as you can in the process
- Strong product marketing or product management experience within the Kubernetes ecosystem or modern Database services
- Knowledge of key target audience: DevOps, Kubernetes, cloud architects, SREs, and IT infrastructure managers
- MS degree or equivalent in a STEM field
For Colorado Applicants (as required by SB19-085):
- Minimum annual base salary of $155,000. This position may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
- US Benefits Summary
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than January 4, 2022. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.