BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Our Strategy & Corporate Development team is looking to accelerate Pure's innovation and growth engine to an even higher level. The team has the unique responsibility of helping the executive leadership team and Business Unit GMs with plans for the next wave of strategic bets. We are looking for a highly talented Manager to join us on this mission. This will be a unique opportunity for an individual with strong analytic and communications skills, and ability to consistently apply structured approaches to address challenging strategic and operational issues.
In this role, you will leverage experience in investment banking, management consulting and / or business operations to deliver data-driven, insightful recommendations to Pure’s management team. This role will report directly to the Chief Corporate Development & Strategy Officer and work across the Corporate Strategy, M&A and Strategic Planning functions. The role will provide significant interaction across the Executive Leadership team, particularly with the Business GMs, CFO, and CEO. The successful candidate in this role must drive for results with integrity, continuously seek stakeholder-focused solutions, and bring a balance to long- and short-term priorities. The person must be able to work in a collaborative environment, be a self-starter and feel comfortable in an ambiguous, constantly evolving, fast-moving environment of shared accountability.
- Support key strategic, M&A and planning projects internally that have company-wide implications on the various business units and their own unique strategies
- Drive strategic analysis and insights into our market opportunities within existing and potential new markets
- Support M&A strategy and business case formation
- Work closely with Strategic Planning team on annual strategic planning process and long-range plan
- Work on projects that can range from market expansion strategies, to M&A and partnership evaluations, to cross functional initiatives
- Analyze industry trends, competitive threats, expansion opportunities and internal performance into thoughtful recommendations of short- and long-term solutions
- Deliver analytically rigorous and data-driven insights to support actionable strategic recommendations, business prioritization, and company-wide strategy communications
- Simultaneously manage multiple initiatives across strategy, M&A and planning
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 2+ years of experience at a top-tier management consulting, investment bank firm or within an equivalent Strategy & Corp. Development group
- 5+ years of total professional experience with growing levels of responsibility
- Developed strategic and analytical skills with ability to draw key insights and develop clear recommendations
- Must have experience in the Tech industry, including storage, software or SaaS
- Intellectual agility and the ability to simplify and clearly communicate complex concepts
- Attention to detail while staying focused on the big picture
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations professionally
- Strong communication (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
- Comfort in presenting in front of senior executives
- Creative problem solver with a bias for action
- Relentless but collaborative – ensuring that debates and discussions not only lead to good outcomes for all involved, but also set a positive tone for cross-functional teams
- MBA or demonstrable equivalent
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
Pure Storage applies a geographic based pay structure depending on an employee’s location. For applicants located in Colorado (as required by SB19-085):
- The minimum annual base salary range is: $94,000 This role may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
- US Benefits Summary
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than January 4, 2022. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.