BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
As a member of Pure Storage’s Total Rewards Team, the Director Executive Compensation will contribute to an impactful and efficient delivery of Compensation-related initiatives specific to executive compensation including job evaluation, supporting the annual Compensation Planning cycle, and being a subject matter expert to collaborate with internal stakeholders, such HR Operations, Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partners, Executive Team members, Legal and Finance Partners as well other colleagues. Provide compensation business partner support to Pure’s G&A Functions.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Act as internal subject matter expert to HR Operations, HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, hiring managers, and other internal stakeholders on executive-level pay decisions, policy and guideline creation/ interpretation, and job evaluation.
- Assist in the executive annual compensation planning cycle for cash and equity compensation.
- Manage the quarterly equity grant and authorization process.
- Partner with Learning and Development Team to develop and lead Training and other Communication efforts to socialize compensation philosophy, policy, and best practices with Supervisors/Managers, HR Business Partners - especially during the Annual Compensation Planning cycle.
- Partner with Total Rewards Leader and CHRO to complete executive benchmarking and compensation recommendations.
- Assist with data analytics and presentation development for various projects and executive compensation events such as semi-annual VP promotion processes
- Assists in the preparation of Compensation Committee agenda items and accurate implementation of the Committee’s decisions in coordination with Stock Administration, Payroll, HRIS, Legal and other stakeholders.
- Develop process improvements to streamline compensation-related processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Lead organization participation in designated Total Rewards/salary surveys specific to executive compensation and plan design.
- Support job analysis, job description development, and re-evaluation processes especially during high volume periods.
- Develop compensation reports analytics to support KPIs and other metrics.
- Consult with external compensation consultants to support the timely execution of key initiatives and compensation-related projects.
- Maintain knowledge of SEC, tax, and other applicable regulations as they apply to compensation programs, current, and future compensation trends and practices.
- Prepare and review compensation-related information for the annual Proxy statement
- Provide Compensation support to Pure’s Global Functions.
- Lead various compensation-related projects, as assigned
What You Bring To The Team
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Compensation, Business Operations or Finance
- Strong executive presence with a desire to engage with C-suite executives
- Expert MS Excel knowledge; MS Access (database creation, maintenance, and querying) is a plus
- Strong analytical abilities to effectively analyze data, create models, reports, and metrics
- Self-starter with great work ethic, excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong flexibility and ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Strength in researching, understanding, and succinctly explaining business issues and impact
- Ability to handle highly sensitive data confidentially
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Math, or related field
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than January 4, 2022. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.