BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
As a Senior Okta Engineer, you will be part of the team responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Okta and the identity lifecycle. You will play a key role in managing our users’ identity journey and ensuring they are able to securely access the resources they require.
- Be the subject matter expert on user directories, account lifecycle, authentication services and surrounding architecture
- Design, maintain and optimize the scripts and workflows for automating identity operations
- Design and implement integrations with other systems and applications
- Collaborate with other teams and peers on projects and initiatives
- Share your knowledge and expertise with documentation and mentorship
- Resolve escalated issues and determine root causes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE…
- BS or BA in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
- 6+ years’ of progressive experience with Okta and Active Directory
- Active and relevant certifications preferred
- Experience Okta Workflows or other automation tools, APIs and SCIM
- Experience with Powershell, Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with SAML, OIDC, OAuth, LDAP, Kerberos
- Knowledge of Workday integrations a plus
- Security minded approach to all aspects of systems administration
- Inquisitive and innovative technological interest
- Outstanding customer focused communication and relationship soft skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication with proven documentation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly by email, teleconference, or other methods deemed necessary to perform job responsibilities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple high priority project deliverables
- Vendor management and engagement experience
- Experience working in a highly engineering focused environment
This position will start remote, with the expectation to frequently work onsite at our Mountain View, CA HQ offices once employees return to the office.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.