BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage has Support centers in Mountain View, CA, Lehi, UT, Dublin, Ireland & Singapore, Asia. We are looking for a senior Technical Support Engineer to join our 24x7 Support team. You will be part of the best Support team in the industry. Our culture focuses on 5 key values – Persistence, Creativity, Teamwork, Ownership, and Customer First. You will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis will include hardware, software, and environmental factors within our FlashArray product. Our Support Engineers utilize their deep technical expertise to troubleshoot customer issues and resolve them. Successful Support Engineers will be able to build strong networks across different departments in the company.
- Proactively seek to understand customer expectations
- Answer and resolve support cases across all severity levels
- Own and track customer issues using our ticket tracking system
- Own all customer facing communications, ensuring the message is concise and professional
- Shares, and documents knowledge via FAQ / KB articles, which can be internal or customer facing
- Develops junior support engineers through training, and coaching
- Manage multiple projects/support cases simultaneously
- Champion customer issues internally, and represent the company externally
- Leads large multi participant customer calls, including hot escalations
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
- Weekend, holiday, and on call duties as required
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Minimum 3 years of experience in customer-facing, technical support work
- Subject Matter Expert in one or more technologies
- Proven ability to resolve customer problems, and escalations utilizing appropriate internal and external resources
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills in a complex multi-platform-system-vendor environment
- Experience in supporting both hardware, and software products
- Ability to triage issues, and escalate them to appropriate engineering groups as necessary
- Advanced to expert knowledge of technologies such as operating systems (Solaris, LINUX, Windows, VMware), LANs & WANs, and storage area networks
- Knowledge, and ability to troubleshoot Networking, Replication, Performance and Space issues
- Demonstration of subject matter expertise in one or more of the following: NFS, S3, SMB, LDAP, IPv6
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.