BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
- Lead Pure pre-sales technical resources in order to optimize sales and revenue volume. Partner with sales management to ensure forecast objectives are met.
- Be a Beacon of Positivity capable of inspiring and motivating Pure Systems Engineers to reach higher levels of success and attracting customers to adopt Pure Storage technology.
- Ensure Pre-sales technical resources mentor and develop strong pre-sales and delivery technical engineers within the channel. This is critical to their success.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to sales engineers in the areas of product demonstrations, proof of concepts, RFPs, overcoming sales objections and technical sales presentations.
- Perform key functions to recruit the industry's top systems engineers including interviewing, hiring, monitoring, employee feedback and documentation, counseling and coaching, and performance management / improvement when needed.
- Motivate systems engineering teams and build a sense of team engagement by participating in incentive, reward, and recognition programs that connect individuals’ contributions to the organization's objectives.
- Assess skill sets and provide ongoing coaching and feedback to team members in order to meet objectives, reinforce sales methodology and provide guidance on career path direction. Implement personal development plans for individual team members.
- Understand intricacies of the assigned territory and teach the SE team how to identify and capitalize on business opportunities and leverage CSA/SI/ISV partners to drive revenue.
- Obtain weekly and monthly SE to opportunity performance metrics and promote opportunity awareness and proactive SE engagement by monitoring Salesforce.com activities.
- Collect customer feedback, enhancements and feature requests and disseminate findings to product management, engineering, SE Management, corporate and technical support in order to continuously improve product offerings.
- Communicate, connect and align people within the direct team and develop internal relationships across Pure Storage.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Experience in Pre-sales, selling data storage solutions and strong understanding of business drivers for Line of Business solutions within enterprise organizations.
- Self-motivation, self-management and professionalism with advanced organizational, negotiation, problem solving skills and team building skills.
- Superior level of specialized sales and product solution knowledge and a solid understanding of Pure Storage competitive domain and technologies.
- Able to articulate and understand the customer strategy and Pure Storage solution strategy to a technical level of detail for the specific technical area and teach systems engineers these concepts.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM and opportunity management systems, preferably Salesforce.com.
- Strong technical and tactical problem solving skills and experience with complex engineering designs. Must have the ability to explain complex ideas and schemas and train a sales engineering team.
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies including VMware vSphere and VDI, Citrix Zen and Microsoft HyperV architectures, Databases including Oracle and Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Exchange and storage protocols such as Fiber Channel, iSCSI and NFS and management technologies such as REST and SMIS.
Ability to travel within assigned territory and other locations including the corporate office in Mountain View, California.
- Strong work ethic, attitude and follow through ability.
- Previous experience with at least one major data storage solution provider.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of systems engineering management experience.
- 10+ years of Pre-sales experience in IT
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.