BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The product management team is responsible for driving the Software Roadmap for our flagship product, FlashArray. Product Managers focus on defining and driving software features and capabilities as well as being responsible for market and business analysis and product direction. The team works with cross-functional teams comprising of Engineering, CTO office, Partners, Marketing, Sales as well as Executive Staff. The Pure Storage Product Management team defines and drives the future of the all-flash array market.
- Define overall product and feature requirements - future product strategy with sustainable and compelling differentiation based on customer needs, competitive analysis, market and technology trends.
- Support and enable the product and solutions teams to design cloud enabled storage and compute architectures.
- Drive overall roadmap, feature tradeoffs, prioritization and requirements for enterprise-class storage array systems.
- Drive roadmap based on market, technology, business and competitive analysis.
- Field/Sales – engage key account field sales teams and channel partners. Work with team to support sales process and drive the overall customer engagement model
- Foster an active ecosystem of customers and partners.
- Responsible for competitive material development and SE/Sales support materials as well as customer presentations.
- Customer/Market Research – gather customer feedback to understand key issues/needs and trends in customer base.
- Work closely with the executive team to establish the scope and goals of the project and provide leadership for the project teams
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 8+ years of combined experience in a product management and product development roles
- Strategic leadership and strong business insight
- Experience with security standards, encryption, authentication, or authorization concepts and technologies
- Knowledge of common compliance security regulations and standards such as NIST Cybersecurity Framework, EU Cybersecurity Act, GDPR, FedRAMP and PCI
- Proficient in taking security concepts to create differentiation in the marketplace
- Deep, technical understanding of enterprise storage environments, deployments and use cases
- Executive presence and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical problem solving and work with various stakeholders on the security related areas, certifications, CVE tracking and management
- Consistent track record of developing a vision, strategy and execution plan for the security aspects of the product line
- Experience and a solid understanding of product life cycles, release milestones, from concept inception to product end-of-life
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Ability to work in a rapid pace environment with multiple and shifting priorities
- Consistent record of taking ownership and driving results
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, Master’s Degree a plus
- Security certifications are a plus
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than January 4, 2022. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.