BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE
We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting-edge, fast-paced, collaborative, and transparent environments. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real-world problems while making work an enjoyable experience. The Director of Revenue will be a key member of the Revenue Accounting team and will report directly to the Senior Director of Revenue. As a top candidate, you should have a desire to learn and analyze complex revenue transactions using your understanding of Software and SaaS revenue recognition (ASC 606) and also possess leadership and managerial skills. This role will manage and mentor members of the Revenue Accounting Team and be part of the Revenue Team leadership responsible for developing and growing a world class team as the company continues to grow.
Leadership & Process Excellence
- Your Leadership style should not only include our three principles, but be one of collaboration, partnership, and inclusions, as well as the ability and willingness to recognize both individual and team contributions that are important to the overall success of the team. Encourage, motivate, and challenge others all while leading by example.
- Experience in creating an environment where people want to achieve their best. You should be able to motivate direct reports, team or project members and have a keen sense on how to assess individuals or a team to ensure you are maximizing their potential. Experience should include specific examples of growing/developing a team via your management approach to help develop competency and empowering others to make decisions.
- Align people and resources, establishing high standards of performance and creating a climate of mutual accountability that delivers expected business results.
- An empowering leader who can picture and articulate what needs to be accomplished and how to separate or combine tasks into efficient work flows for scalability.
- Process management excellence – Resourceful in creating or fine tuning the processes necessary to complete the work along with the ability to organize people and activities.
- Ability to capture the end-to-end process and determine areas of improvement, automation and refinement to allow for ability to grow and scale.
- Exceptional problem solver – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve problems and is excellent at honest analysis. Doesn’t stop at first answers rather he/she will strive to seek the correct answer.
- Strong business acumen – can identify risk and opportunity.
- An efficient multi-tasker – can marshal resources and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish their goal.
- Proven ability to deliver and drive to results in measurable and defined ways.
- Deliver results through teamwork and become a trusted business partner. Work effectively across teams including deal desk, legal, sales operations, sales, product and FPA.
- Challenge existing norms or courses of action, facilitating fully informed decision-making. Help institute balanced decision-making, driving the business to identify both risks and opportunities
Revenue Recognition Subject Matter Expert
- You will provide technical revenue recognition guidance in accordance with our existing revenue policy, ASC 606 and in accordance to U.S. GAAP in order to properly recognize revenue. Will also serve as one of the primary contacts for all technical accounting matters.
- Partner with the Deal Desk team to provide revenue recognition guidance during contract negotiations.
- Partner with the Business (Sales, Legal, Product, and Pricing teams) to provide revenue guidance/consideration with respect to our growing product offering.
- Manage and own the contract revenue write-up process and partner with our external auditors to ensure the accuracy of our revenue is maintained.
- Work closely with the FP&A team as it relates to revenue forecasting.
- Perform technical guidance (ASC 606) research and provide solutions/options to new and complex issues.
- As specific revenue matters develop prepare technical revenue memos and work with our external auditors to ensure they are discussed and signed off in a timely manner.
- Manage and update our existing revenue recognition policies.
- Review, analyze and update 10Q/K Revenue, deferred revenue sections etc. to ensure compliance with industry reporting standards, U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Create/update training material and provide ongoing training to cross-functional organization members on revenue related matters
- Assist with other accounting projects/areas as necessary
- Assist in refining process design and system automation to allow for as much automation of revenue recognition process.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, or Finance.
- 10+ years of experience with a combination of Big 4 accounting and industry/corporate accounting.
- Strong software and SaaS revenue recognition knowledge in the areas of ASC 606, and related revenue recognition pronouncements under US GAAP.
- Experience with a high-growth and fast-paced company, ideally in the Software and Hardware industry.
- Experience with multiple business models such as SaaS, on-premise licenses, hardware and services.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- Great interpersonal skills to collaborate with different individuals across the organization.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with all levels of management and be able to relate to their needs and perspectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
- Great organization skills, to be able to manage and prioritize several different activities in parallel.
- Ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity as required.
- Experience working with ERP systems including NetSuite, SAP and SFDC. Ability to create reports and dashboards is a plus.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.