BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Part storyteller, part journalist, part customer reference manager -- you are passionate about connecting the dots between relevant news stories and how Pure Storage customers are successfully tackling similar challenges or making an impact. You have a journalistic mindset and thrive on making the connection of market trends and customer stories, finding unique, interesting stories that capture attention and cultivate curiosity to learn more.
Having a journalism, media or PR background and a thorough understanding of the PR process will serve you well. This role will collaborate across the organization including international PR teams, sales, and marketing, but does not interact directly with media or journalists. The role resides within the Customer Marketing & Advocacy team and will bridge between Customer Advocacy and PR.
Experience in high-tech is a must. Creativity and a results driven mindset is required. The ultimate goal: raise awareness for Pure Storage.
What you will be doing:
- Researching, identifying, securing customer advocates from top tier brands for storytelling and media opportunities
- Collaborating across the Communications team to identify the best ways to leverage the stories
- Create, grow and manage top tier customer reference relationships in a way that optimizes positive impact for both the customer and Pure Storage
- Manage the development of various content types including media pitches, press releases, stories, videos, etc
- Help define customer advocacy metrics/goals/benchmarks and track/report progress against them
- Report outcome metrics for strategic customer engagement, and foster and promote long-term, mutually beneficial customer relationships
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 7+ years of experience in integrated marketing in technology
- Experience in Customer Reference marketing -- working with customers, sales teams, marketing organizations
- Experience in PR or journalism a big plus
- Team player with a strategic mindset and an ability to get things done
- Experience successfully working cross-functionally and driving results oriented projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High-tech background
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.