BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
PureSPP (Pure Strategic Pursuits Practice) is a Global “Large Deal” Pursuit Team with a singular mission to drive long-term transformational business success for both our customers and Pure.
Job Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the regional Strategic Pursuits Director, the Business Solution Strategist is pivotal in combining business strategies with complex commercial and technical constructs to generate long-term value for our customers as well as Pure. The Business Solution Strategist’s core responsibility is to collaborate with Director, VP and C-level Executives of our most strategic customers; routinely providing insights, perspective, and guidance on long-term business and technology strategy, investments, and innovation. The role combines design-thinking, strategy consulting, deal structuring, and enterprise architecture.
- Drive the PureSPP engagement and operating models to ensure a consistent and defined programmatic approach to assess, develop, and close strategic pursuits.
- Facilitate cross-functional sales and account teams on high-profile engagements, executive presentations, workshops.
- Support Strategic Pursuit Directors, regional Sales Leadership and Enterprise Client Executives by providing deep customer insight & perspective whilst coaching with constructive feedback to help develop capabilities and understanding.
- Champion/facilitate Account Planning Sessions for Strategic Pursuits.
- Drive big deal thinking, best practice sharing and extended team collaboration.
- Support pipeline creation for Strategic Pursuits (>$2M+), ensuring current and future targets are exceeded.
- Aligned with the PureSPP Program Management Office (PMO) and their content management program, help develop and manage a programmatic capability including all relevant artefacts to help scale to additional strategic pursuits.
- Align to the SPP engagement and operating models to ensure a consistent and defined programmatic approach to assess, develop, and help close strategic pursuits.
- Represent Pure in senior customer facing roles, i.e. executive sponsor, business strategist, negotiator
- Enthusiastic self-starter with an outgoing personality, comfortable working both independently and in a team setting.
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills, coupled with excellent listening and inquisitive selling skills.
- Experience developing and growing ‘C’ Level relationships
Measurements of Success
- % YoY Growth of Larger Deals > $2M in Territory
- % YoY Number of Larger Deals > $2M in Territory
- % YoY increase in Larger Deal Closure > $2M in Territory
- % increase Rep Participation in Larger Deals > $2M in Territory
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Senior executive background (IT, Consulting, FSS, Telco etc) with a strong industry network.
- 15+ years of experience in relevant industries including IT and financial industries.
- Demonstrated extensive experience with selling, driving, and delivering major transformational solutions including IT Operations, Outsourcing, Offshoring and Commercial models
- Consultative experience into Enterprise accounts
- Experience developing and growing ‘C’ Level relationships
- Practical understanding of the financial and technical challenges faced with running modern day IT operations at large corporations.
- Ability to communicate and simplify complex topics.
- Excellent Technical and Business writing and presentation skills
- Understanding of Business Operations (financial accounting, ROI, TCO, budget planning, organizational design)
- Presentation skills including public speaking, meeting facilitation and white boarding.
- Project Management
- Enthusiastic self-starter with an outgoing personality
- Comfortable working both independently and with a team
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills.
- Experience within a large organization, ability to work in a matrix environment.
- University Degree or equivalent
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.