BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
PURE IN PRAGUE
We opened our R&D Second Home (besides the one in Silicon Valley) in Prague in January 2020 and since then we have experienced unbelievable growth. Our Engineers are solving complex engineering problems (from low-level system software to cloud computing) that help us innovate our cutting-edge products. Besides our world-class Software Engineering teams, we have many other talented colleagues working in Product Management, Sales, Finance, and HR to name a few. What’s more, we’ve developed these teams from talent across the globe.
The FlashBlade team is responsible for FlashBlade product. With the FlashBlade product, we are building a scale-out all-flash file and object store, designed for the modern world. To really understand how our customers work with data, we are deeply immersed in AI, modern backup, log analytics with Splunk and Elastic, data pipeline with Kafka, cluster computing with Spark, and many more use cases.
You will love it on the FlashBlade team if you:
- Want to understand how modern applications - like AI or Splunk - work with data and how we can make it better.
- Are ready to dive into a complex problem and be the one who will drive it to a resolution.
- Enjoy working with distributed systems, algorithms, operating systems, Linux kernel, database internals, hypervisors, containers, compilers and hardware… or at least some of those.
- Want to work with other great engineers and develop or refine skills that will serve your entire career.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment in an open office.
If this describes you, let's talk! You can take a part in changing how the world works with data.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE...
- Working on full lifecycle application development
- Designing, developing and maintaining customer-facing and internal-facing API and command line interface for end to end configuration and management of FlashBlade products using Java, Python and beyond
- Experimenting with new technologies and architectural patterns such as microservices or data processing pipelines in order to push the state-of-the-art and innovate new solutions
- Collaborating with peers and stake-holders to identify requirements and take solutions from initial design to production
- Bringing a focus on design, development, unit testing, code reviews, documentation, continuous integration and continuous deployment
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- A minimum of 5 years experience using Java or related programming languages (< 1 year experience? We have special opportunities for you! Please apply directly to our University roles on our careers page) and the enthusiasm to learn other programming languages
- Proven design sensibility and the willingness to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment
- Experience in any number of related systems software projects e.g: Distributed systems, Operating systems, Linux Kernel, Database internals, Hypervisors, Containers, Compiler Optimization, etc.
- A BS degree in Computer Science, advanced degrees are a bonus
- Must be able to work in a hybrid home/open office environment
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.