BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Portworx, a Pure Storage Company is the Kubernetes Data Services Platform enterprise’s trust to run mission-critical applications in containers in production. Only Portworx provides a fully integrated solution for persistent storage, data protection, disaster recovery, data security, cross-cloud and data migrations, and automated capacity management for applications running on Kubernetes. As a result, Portworx is the #1 most used Kubernetes data services platform by Global 2000 companies, including Carrefour, Comcast, GE Digital, Kroger, Lufthansa, and T-Mobile. Based in Los Altos, Calif., the company was also named the Leader in the 2020 GigaOm Radar for Data Storage for Kubernetes report.
We are currently building out our Customer Experience team and are looking for Technical Services Engineers to join our US Team. As a Technical Services Engineer, you will:
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and support large-scale customer deployments of Portworx’s container data services stack that span thousands of nodes in public and private clouds
- Become an expert in containers, container run times such as Docker and schedulers such as Swarm, Kubernetes, and Mesos
- Work with customers and partners in understanding and troubleshooting their deployments, application workflows and workloads through multiple layers of the software stack
- Work with engineering team to analyze the logs, reproduce customer issues and develop strategies to address customer issues
- Communicate proactively and clearly both internally and externally to enable highest levels of customer success
- Assist with customer installation during POC and when in production
- Perform hands-on Linux system setup, administration, and troubleshooting to help to enable successful customer installs
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 4+ years of experience
- BS in Computer Science, IT degree or equivalent practical experience
- Good understanding of Linux system administration, systemd, cgroups and linux container concepts and troubleshooting.
- Experience with installing and supporting large-scale enterprise software and systems.
- Experience work with public cloud environments like AWS, Azure and GCE desired.
- Understanding of storage concepts, storage technologies, and prior experience troubleshooting storage deployments would be a plus.
- Strong shell scripting skills desired.
- Experience in working with one or more devops tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform would be a plus.
- Fluent in English with clear verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-motivated, self starter who is not afraid to roll their up sleeves and do the right thing to help the customer succeed.
- The incumbent for this role must be based in USA within the Central Time Zone
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.