BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Information Security is a top business imperative at Pure Storage. In addition to driving security in our Corporate environment and Pure Storage services, the Security team is deeply entrenched in the Pure Storage business. As such, we contribute to product roadmaps, branding, research and other strategic aspects of our products and service. We work across multiple functions, business partners and the research community. We are an engineering-focused team that seeks to stay on the cutting edge of security technology and the threat landscape.
We seek a knowledgeable and execution-focused leader to take the security of our products and infrastructure to the next level.
- Help to build our DevSecOps Strategy and Practice to integrate cybersecurity into the organizational adoption and improvement of agile practices.
- Partner with Engineering team leads to create, implement and apply DevSecOps principles, processes and culture that are consumed by delivery teams across our company.
- Program manage the implementation of DevSecOps practices and tools across BU’s and provide relevant reporting to management
- Advocate for software engineering practices such as unit testing, code reviews, full build testing, quality engineering practices and requirements capturing techniques to the teams to improve end to end secure delivery practices.
- Advocate for secure SDLC practices such as; threat modeling and security requirements, security design reviews, SAST, DAST and fuzzing, penetration testing, and vulnerability management.
- Work with PSIRT to drive efficiencies in the product vulnerability management processes and practices
- Advocate for and ensure appropriate security practices are communicated and implemented within projects.
- Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevSecOps initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice.
- Assist application teams with on-boarding to the adopted security tools/technologies; working with vendors to troubleshoot the platform and issues related to such integrations.
- Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality, documented and support transition of operational activities.
- Work with teams to bring continuous improvement to DevSecOps processes and tools.
- Present regular status updates and provide cross training to other DevOps team members.
- Be active in evaluating and recommending new technologies to support DevSecOps
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- BS in an IT field & 15 years of technology development / delivery work experience
- Proven track record delivering outcomes in complex multi business units environments
- Experience in gaining buy in and influencing leaders and peers across the business
- Experience leading the development of security solutions at scale in AWS, GCP and Azure
- Ability to accurately assess risk and effectively negotiate priority with cross-functional stakeholders
- Use a data-driven approach to identifying and demonstrating improvements
- Minimum of 5 years of application DevSecOps Experience with actual/active development experience in an Agile environment.
- Working knowledge of Git and repository providers such as GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket
- Experience implementing container and orchestration infrastructure utilizing platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of automated CI/CD build engines such as Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, GitHub Pipelines
- Hands on experience integrating deployments with industry standard DevSecOps tooling and orchestration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate strategic information security topics, policies and standards as well as risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences at various hierarchical levels.
This role will start remote, with the expectation to frequently work onsite at our Mountain View, CA offices once employees return to the office.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.