BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
PureSPP (Strategic Pursuit Practice)…who we are…
Global “Large Deal” Pursuit Team with a singular mission to drive long-term transformational business success for both our customers and Pure.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Job Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Global VP, Strategic Pursuit Practice, as the regional PureSPP leader the Strategic Pursuits Director’s core responsibility is to help grow Pure’s long-term revenue and profitability, driving larger and more strategic transactions through a consistent and defined programmatic approach to the orchestration of resources, coaching, advising and enabling sales teams, partners and customers on core value-based selling strategies.
The Strategic Pursuits Director will utilize out-quarter pipeline development, account planning, strategic opportunity reviews, pursuit planning, deal coaching and choreography, thought leadership, best practices, and aligning key resources to maximize market opportunity, accelerating sales cycles and closing larger deals successfully.
- Drive Strategic Pursuits: managing the assessment and selection of opportunities where we intend to build > $2M opportunities.
- Support pipeline creation for Strategic Pursuits (>$2M+), ensuring current and future targets are exceeded.
- Drive the PureSPP engagement and operating models to ensure a consistent and defined programmatic approach to assess, develop, and close strategic pursuits.
- Partner with regional Sales Leadership and Enterprise Client Executives by providing deep customer insight & perspective whilst coaching with constructive feedback to help develop capabilities and understanding.
- Orchestrate key resources through the PureSPP Engagement Model, including field sales, GSI’s, Partners, Pure BU’s, and a team of Offer Managers (OM), Business Value Advisors (BVA) & Business Solution Strategists (BSS).
- Manage the qualification/selection of Strategic Pursuits through the Territory Business Review process, in concert with the Regional Sales Leadership.
- Champion/facilitate Account Planning Sessions for Strategic Pursuits.
- Coordinate and drive the PureSPP Business Management processes.
- Support pipeline creation for Strategic Pursuits (>$2M+) ensuring current and future targets are exceeded
- Drive big deal thinking, best practice sharing and extended team collaboration
- Be the voice of the field sales to Pure corporate to continually improve and ensure successful outcomes
- Help propagate best practices and content (deal structure, content relative to attractive themes like Digital Transformation, IoT, References, Value-plays)
- Represent Pure in senior customer facing roles, i.e. executive sponsor, business strategist, negotiator
Measurements of Success
- % YoY Growth of Larger Deals > $2M in Territory
- % YoY Number of Larger Deals > $2M in Territory
- % YoY increase in Larger Deal Closure > $2M in Territory
- % increase Rep Participation in Larger Deals > $2M in Territory
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 15+ years of experience in relevant general IT and IT industries such as Telco and Financial Services.
- Demonstrated extensive experience with selling, driving, and delivering major transformational solutions including IT Operations, Outsourcing, Offshoring and Commercial models
- Consultative experience into Enterprise accounts
- Demonstrated Sales Management, Coaching and Mentoring experience
- Excellent Presentation and Communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Sales Methodologies
- Well Organized and demonstrated Analytical skills
- Experience within large organizations, ability to work in a matrix environment
- People Management experience
- Project Management experience
- Enthusiastic self-starter with an outgoing personality
- Comfortable working both independently and with a team
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- University Degree or equivalent
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.