BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
The FlashBlade team at Pure is seeking an experienced and established CI/CD engineer to help us scale up engineering productivity to the next level. With the FlashBlade product, we build a scale-out all-flash file and object store designed for the modern world. To understand how our customers work with data, we deeply immerse in AI, modern backup, log analytics with Splunk and Elastic, data pipeline with Kafka, cluster computing with Spark, and many more use cases. The Engineering Productivity division develops and operates CI/CD pipelines, automation frameworks, and developer tools. The team tackles many engineering problems ranging from complex systems analyzing billions of log lines per second to creating simple and intuitive tools to increase developer velocity.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
- Optimize and manage a large fleet of virtual and physical resources and create reports to track against metrics
- Manage capacity planning for an ever-growing engineering organization while looking for ways to let us use our resources more efficiently
- Deploy and run multi-site services and scale deployments to thousands of systems using microservices (Docker, Nomad, Kafka, Spark)
- Optimize the throughput and reliability of our Continuous Integration systems and processes and infrastructure
- Automate, automate, automate. Have a sharp eye for toil and ruthlessly eliminate it
- Provide insight to and implement fundamentals such as monitoring, production best-practices, incident response, and self-services
- Work with Pure Storage hardware and software (we build on top of our own leading-edge technology: Flashblade)
- Create tools and automation that make testing and integration faster, simpler, and more effective and let engineers self-service to help themselves
- Design and build software that increases the productivity of every developer on the engineering team.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 5-8 years minimum working in a CI/CD, DevOps, or SRE role
- Fluency in programming or scripting languages like Python, Ruby or Perl, Java or C++
- Knowledge and strong experience working with CI and CD
- Proven experience of shepherding applications to a production state
- Strong troubleshooting capabilities across both software and deployment stacks
- Understanding of Vmware, Openstack, or another Hypervisor platform
- You’ve worked with containers, software-defined infrastructure/infrastructure as code and configuration management: Nomad, Kubernetes, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems like Prometheus, Nagios, and Grafana, etc.
- Linux knowledge: Centos and Ubuntu.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.