BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
As part of the Monetization Strategy and Operations team, you are responsible for driving initiatives that are focused on creating strategic new as-a-service subscriptions business models to increase revenue and enterprise value. Strong product management, GTM strategy, financial modeling, and operations background is highly desirable. The role requires a problem solving approach and taking it through various phases of concept development, commercial modeling, cross-functional alignment, customer validation, go to market alignment, and managing the execution. In short, you are responsible for incubating new business models from concept to revenue generation. This role sits in the CFO org and requires collaborating across multiple product BUs and cross-functional teams.
- Gain in-depth understanding of Pure Storage business models including both traditional hardware, software, maintenance and subscription services.
- Able to understand and develop new technical products/services and bring to market
- Create and assess various financial models (commercials) working with finance
- Design operational processes that inter-connect multiple business units and functions
- Understand key business drivers and levers for increasing both top and bottom line growth globally
- Provide in-depth analysis of current Pure services to develop and deploy Go To Market (GTM) strategies
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams to identify areas of opportunity and improvement for the subscription service business
- Define and execute on high priority initiatives while working with multiple business units to drive end-state goals
- Produce Business Requirement Documents to outline both process and technical requirements for new services
- Initiate multiple new projects while providing oversight on existing workflows
- Establish framework for new GTM strategies
- Provide competitive analysis against current and future business models
- Collaborate with business units to develop new products to align with future state growth and market trends
- Drive market adoption for new products and services
- Formalize planning and execution throughout the Product Life Cycle
- Identify and gather business requirements and set objectives
- Prioritize features and functions for both MVP and GA
- Engage with sales, marketing, finance, product management, business units and GTM teams to ensure alignment
- Create governance frameworks to identify and reduce enterprise risk
- Work independently and jointly with disparate groups
- Present findings, designs and vision for executive leadership review and approval
- Work collaboratively with with the CFO Organization and other Business Units to solve complex business problems
- Able to multitask and to execute on time sensitive opportunities that could affect top line revenue
- Document relevant policies and procedures for both internal and external consumption
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 5 years of Product Management, Consulting or Project Management experience
- Experience in working with high profile companies within the Financial or Technology industry verticals
- Created and assessed complex financial models
- Worked in complex environments to bring a product or project from concept to delivery
- Led cross functional teams and/or processes during a project
- Experience in storage is not required, but a strong aptitude for learning IT infrastructure is → Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to understand how business model decisions impact operating model design/execution across operations, technology, risk governance, and organizational design
- Penchant for solving problems with a strong analytical and critical thinking mindset
- Excellent relationship-building, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and handle high levels of ambiguity
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
- US Benefits Summary
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.