BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
PureSPP (Pure Strategic Pursuits Practice) is a Global “Large Deal” Pursuit Team with a singular mission to drive long-term transformational business success for both our customers and Pure.
Job Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the regional Strategic Pursuits Director, as a core member of the PureSPP team the Offer Manager will provide a dynamic support function to the regional Sales organization and extended Pure business, focusing primarily on delivering commercial and financial modeling and expertise to identified strategic pursuits.
This role will involve developing close working relationships with Field Sales, multiple key Business Units, key customers as well as the rest of the PureSPP Team. In addition, as a business function, the Offer Manager will focus on the development and distribution of commercial strategy and collateral for subscription-based products/solutions.
- Assist and advise field sales teams on the structure of complex deals while using the pricing thresholds, existing analysis tools, and rules of engagement to drive the appropriate approvals with internal stakeholders and partners
- Champion/coordinate bid specific T&Cs/pricing internally (approvers, Revenue, Legal, Deal Desk)
- Provide strategic opportunity value propositions including pricing options and related tactical customer-facing recommendations and presentations
- Provide analysis and insight into customers' current investment, helping sales teams to identify new opportunities and secure existing ones
- Provide insight and advice for contract structures, terms, and conditions
- Co-develop negotiation strategy with field sales determining give to get strategy etc
- Orchestrate customer proposal slide deck, summary of the offer highlighting both the business and financial benefits to create a compelling and salient value proposition
- Provide potential up-sell and cross-sell opportunity best practice at prospectus/proposal stages
- Proactively consider and recommend improvements to large deal eco-system (process, pricing)
- Participate in Account Planning Sessions for Strategic Pursuits
- Participate in the PureSPP Business Management processes
- Be the voice of the field sales to Pure corporate to continually improve and ensure successful outcomes
- Enthusiastic self-starter with an outgoing personality, comfortable working both independently and in a team setting
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills, coupled with excellent listening and inquisitive selling skills
- Experience developing and growing ‘C’ Level relationships
- University Degree or equivalent
Measurements of Success
- % YoY Growth of Larger Deals > $2M in Territory
- % YoY Number of Larger Deals > $2M in Territory
- % YoY increase in Larger Deal Closure > $2M in Territory
- % increase Rep Participation in Larger Deals > $2M in Territory
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 6+ years of combined IT sales, sales operations, or other customer facing experience
- Proven deal management, bespoke pricing or finance/Sales Ops experience
- Proven experience with various contracting vehicles (e.g., Master Services Agreements, License Agreements, etc.)
- Understanding of P&L economics and ability to analyze and take measures.
- Experience with procurement and licensing models such as XaaS (Subscription)
- Strategic thinker & analytic problem solver with the ability to break down complex problems in a simplified way
- Creative with the ability to develop and run analytical models to test out and refine the various strategies we may be considering
- Customer facing negotiation/presentation experience with value selling focus
- Project and Program Management Skills with experience in estimation, planning, design, and implementation of business and IT efforts
- Business Leadership Skill with a strong, team-oriented leadership mentality. Able to frame and confront issues and make tough decisions
- Strong communicator equally adept at communications strategy and execution, with the ability to craft a full range of clear, high-impact communications
- Ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations
- Ability to establish and build close working relationships
- Strong personal credibility and counseling skills. Team-oriented planner, decision-maker and able to creatively drive consensus
- University Degree or equivalent
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.