BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
This is a new opportunity which reflects the growth and maturity of Pure’s business in Germany & Austria and your opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest and best looking senior SE Leaders in the business.
The Director, Systems Engineering role is a senior leadership role that aligns with the sales RVP for Germany & Austria. This is a second-level leadership role that has only SE Managers directly reporting to it. However this role is focused on orchestrating all of the technical resources within the region irrespective of the reporting structure.
With a focus on moving upmarket across all segments of the business, successful candidates will have substantial experience of selling into large organisations and a thorough understanding of what it takes to be successful in this type of selling environment.
As such you will have a proven pedigree of working on and leading large IT projects whether those are consulting, pre and post-sales transformational IT services or IT design and build projects in IT departments. At times as a senior level resource, you will be expected to lead from the front on key client engagements and you will be comfortable quickly establishing yourself as a thought leader and trusted advisor with key senior client stakeholders.
The Director, Systems Engineering will need to have a broad base of skills and experience, be a good communicator and leader, a team motivator and will need to work well with cross functional teams.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The role is focused on four key outcomes.
Help grow revenue within the region
The successful candidate will join a high performing region that is also in the midst of transformation. This is a unique opportunity to work alongside the Sales RVP to define and execute the future strategy of the region.
- Work with the sales and pre-sales leadership to establish and track progress against a plan for creating long-term, sustainable growth.
- Engage directly with pre-sales and sales leadership to strategise on the team's opportunities and ensure the correct engagement on pre-sales activities
- Lead, report and the analyse the pipeline and forecast from a technical perspective
Provide Organisational Leadership
- Hire and lead a world class team of System Engineer Managers and Systems Engineers, helping to ensure technical success throughout the sales process
- Develop, improve, and maintain resources, ensuring they are efficiently deployed to successfully meet and exceed the company’s sales goals whilst also supporting a broad range of customer and partner needs.
- Help ensure that all available overlay team resources are aligned to the regions’ success
- Mentor/coach and conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development
- Ensure that every employee has an Individual Development Plan
Alignment, Cooperation and Partnership
- Ensure alignment of technical message and approach across the overlay functions inc. Channel, Data Architects, PSE, FSA, CTO and PS organisations
- Build relationships and alignment with technical equivalents within regional Alliance and Channel partners
- Build and maintain your network both within and outside of Pure
Maintain the Culture
Possibly, the hardest, but most important part of the role. Pure has a unique culture that has driven our success. As we transition from a startup to a company focused on sustaining growth, we need to work hard to balance the demands of the business with the culture of the company.
- Be the custodian of, and live the, values of Pure
- Recognise and reward outstanding behaviours and success within the team
- Undertake regular team building events as appropriate
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE…
The following is a list of favoured competencies
- Interact with customers, partners and prospects to understand their business challenges and engagement in pre-sales process
- Understand the big picture, industry trends and our competition
- Self Development - Technical, Leadership & Soft skills
- Cascade communication and goals throughout your teams
- Leverage the field management process to build strong working relationships with cross functional teams to ensure alignment between pre and post sales activities, whilst ensuring solutions are implemented and supported in-line with client expectations
- Understand and communicate technical issues and/or enhancement requests from customers back to technical support, product management and R&D
Adapt and Adjust
- Be a keen observer. Effectively analyse the results of employee actions and take notice of any shortcomings that could be detrimentally affecting overall productivity
- Adapt to changes and quickly make adjustments to operations as needed
- Be the executive sponsor in the region for a selection of larger opportunities
- Participate in regional industry events/organisations as a thought leader
- Promote products and business solutions at conferences, forums, and seminars.
Have Strong Ethics and Personal Integrity
- Treat people with respect at all time
- Care about the company and our people
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.