BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The FlashArray team builds the industry’s most innovative, easiest to use, high-performance, and highly available portfolio of products that are designed for the most demanding mission critical applications. While we deliver a hardware storage array, over 90% of our engineering staff are software engineers. Our customers are the most important part of our business and they love FlashArray for it's simplicity of management, the constant flow of new and exciting upgrades, and ability to live on the cutting edge of technology while never taking downtime, ever. Most recently, we extended the value of our FlashArray capabilities into the cloud with CloudSnap and Cloud Block Store for AWS and Azure. These new innovations enable our customers to leverage the agility of the public cloud for both traditional IT and cloud-native applications.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 7+ years of experience as a Technical Product Manager; MS in computer science, MBA or engineering management equivalent with direct knowledge in the following areas:
- Networking and Access technology, storage technology, network/access security architecture for cloud and edge
- Deep experience/understanding of the full network stack - L2/L3 switching and routing as well as network infrastructure technology such Firewall, VPN, DHCP, DNS, Zero touch provisioning
- Deep understanding of storage protocols such as FCP, iSCSI, NVMe and experience with storage area network design
- Understanding of network security and zero trust network architecture for managed service and Cloud connectivity
- Network virtualization (ESXi) and Software Defined Networking (SDN) knowledge
- Experience in IPv6 certification a plus
- Experience in aaS development environments is preferred.
- Big picture owner providing clarity on what we are trying to accomplish, understanding of the business objectives and driving the outcome for the program
- Demonstrated change agent with capabilities to identify and deliver on process changes that would enable faster time to market while driving organization consistency and efficiency.
- Proven expertise in managing projects throughout the entire SDLC,including investigation, design, execution and delivering products to market on schedule, and addressing customer feedback in development.
- Drive content, schedule and overall delivery of the program and set it up for success in the field/customer base
- Write tech specs/PRDs, make trade-offs and timely decision, drive accountability for delivery and ensure that the objectives of the program are met
- Solid project and technical judgment; ability to influence a growing organization.
- Strong team and customer focus.
- Experience leading program managers or product managers with a broad range of experience levels. Demonstrated success in supporting team members’ career growth.
- Identifying requirements and design, scope, and communicating the needed work. Take ownership of the product experience, quality, and metrics
- Set goals for the program, track and periodically communicate to stakeholders as well as ensure corrective actions/mitigations as needed
- Be the single point person for delivery decisions, exec and cross team communication and working with various functional groups to deliver the program
- Optimize team processes to improve quality, productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities and set up the program for success in the field
- Overcome obstacles by resolving issues, regardless of team boundaries, and identify and resolve teamwork issues.
- Solid knowledge of end-to-end best practices.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical, cross-functional groups.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.