BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
The Client Technical Director (CTD) is a senior level technical Solutions Architect working with Pure’s Global / Strategic clients. In turn, you will also work in collaboration with Pure’s Enterprise and Field pre-sales and account teams. The CTD has a great grasp of IT industry trends, broad and deep IT industry experience and a high degree of business acumen. You will be working in the forefront of Pure’s global sales capability. The Strategic Accounts business is the growth area for Pure and the CTD is a key role in engaging clients in conversations about their technology needs to help them in their transformation to embrace Digital business.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING...
- Be responsible for defining the end to end solution including the industry and business approach, implementation methods, use of technology, business and IT processes and will influence the commercial and financial models.
- You will be accustomed to creating a value proposition that is directly linked to a client’s business model and issues.
- Understand a client’s business fundamentals and industry drivers, then being able to build rapport with business leaders is key to ensuring that new disruptive approaches are taken up by clients.
- Will keep up with the latest trends, be a disruptive thinker and have experience of driving cultural change in organisations.
- Be comfortable quickly establishing yourself as a thought leader and trusted advisor with their client stakeholders.
- Apply your experience and confidence to take ownership of Pure’s solution and create structure when needed to deal with ambiguity or no existing Pure offering with which to fulfil the client’s requirements.
- Produce collateral for your clients in the form of presentations, short papers, demonstrations, proofs of concepts etc.
- You will also have the ability and will to design and build joint offerings with other functions in Pure such as the GSI and MSP teams, combining Pure products and GSI / MSP areas of expertise.
- You are a believer in lifelong learning. Training will take up ~10% of your time.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- A pedigree of working on and leading large IT projects whether those are consulting, pre and post-sales transformational IT services or IT design and build projects in IT departments.
- Technical across a number of areas – must understand data and storage technology but also data science, modern IT architecture modelling, Agile application development and DevOps methods, CICD, automation principles, infrastructure operations, project management and IT security.
- Must be knowledgeable across industry, business, IT strategy and technology domains and be comfortable presenting to C-Suite clients, discussing process with business managers or working with developers on solution strategy, architecture and code, and with storage admins designing operating models – from boardroom to hackathon to storage ops.
- Expert in quickly learning new business models and drivers and will be able to articulate how Pure can help each Client to meet their goals.
- Gravitas and authenticity. First class interpersonal skills combined with a comfortable, open and compelling communication and presentation style.
- High degree of diplomacy/empathy or Emotional Quotient (EQ). Imperative that we can look at our value propositions from the viewpoint of our customers. Being able to represent the needs of the client into Pure will also need high EQ.
- Have a broad base of skills and experience and will need to work in small teams in an autonomous manner.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.