BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
At Pure Storage, we believe in offering the best user experiences to our site visitors. In this role, you'll be responsible for producing engaging and best-in-class web experiences by incorporating user insights, business requirements and technical constraints while meeting and balancing the needs of key stakeholders across the business.
Keeping the customer at the center of everything, you will be responsible for designing, refining, and iterating on an aligned UX approach that focuses on engaging customer experiences while expanding on demand generation throughout the customer journey with a focus on driving outcomes.
The ideal candidate will have a high comfort level leading our UX research and turning insights into strategic initiatives and design ideation while continuously testing and optimizing for performance.
- As a key member of the Web Experiences team, you will successfully collaborate with the Creative and Content teams to scope, prioritize, and deliver user-centric cross-platform (desktop/mobile) designs including; wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, information architecture diagrams, interaction specifications, and prototypes.
- Be a champion and voice of our customer. Practice quantitative and qualitative customer research, survey creation, customer interviews, and/or user group testing. Iterate designs based on user feedback and business needs.
- Collaborate with teams across the company. You'll be responsible for understanding the needs of different organizations from a UX perspective, participating in creative brief and review meetings, and providing status updates on various assets, ensuring smooth, on-time delivery.
- Establish standards for best-in-class UX/UI and bring forward new technologies and best practices to improve the customer journey. Advocate for prioritization of changes, refinements, and improvements to the user experience.
- Support an AEM component library and design new AEM components that are accessible and engaging, ensuring that a common set of re-usable patterns and components is managed efficiently. Deliver best practices in user centered design, information architecture, and interaction design.
- Keep web presence fresh with recurring design workshops, synthesizing results from user research and performance metrics to iterate page flows, asset merchandising and CTA interactions.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in UX research and creating and implementing UX design, preferably in the B2B enterprise space.
- Provide end-to-end design solutions from discovery to design validation.
- Plan and implement an overall user research strategy and method to inform the design process, and validation into a regular web testing program.
- Proficiency in UX and visual design tools like Figma, Sketch (or similar) to create user interfaces and facilitate the design-to-development handoff.
- Experience working on design systems.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to design top-performing interfaces.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and relentless attention to detail.
- Continued education and research into UX trends and current design strategy and technologies.
- Professional written and interpersonal skills when communicating with customers and clients
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently.
- Account for challenges using problem-solving skills and seek to optimize data for the best possible outcome.
- Experience working with AEM and Wordpress platforms.
- Exceptional grasp of UX fundamentals, principles, heuristics, and best practices including, research, prototyping, and validation.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.