BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The outstanding people at Pure come from many different backgrounds. This great diversity in knowledge and experience has been crucial to percolating the ground breaking ideas that result in one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We thrive off challenging the norm! We hire only the best and brightest people who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment.
The Technical Account Manager at Pure is a customer-facing professional, aligned with Pure’s enterprise customers and expertly familiar with their IT transformation goals and enterprise business architecture. Working with cross functional teams, the Technical Account Manager is the technical authority for all things Pure; a Pure technical liaison, if you will.
This function requires a deep and broad understanding of enterprise information architecture, as well as the business acumen to advise customer executives on their challenges, especially as they relate to structured and unstructured data storage, with the goal to delight and enhance the customer experience.
- Data and Storage Architecture & Strategy leadership - You will be aligned to a set of strategic accounts and required to own the technical architecture vision, strategy and success.
- Eco-system technical authority, proficient in Pure solutions, competing and complementary technologies up and across the stack.
- Be the trusted advisor for the customer while providing technical guidance with a solution focused mindset.
- Understand the customer’s business strategy and technology needs; identifying the key capabilities and technology enablers required to support these during the lifecycle and during crisis events.
- Participate in the delivery of solution best practices, reference architectures, educational sessions and storage architecture initiatives.
- Technical liaison between Customer Experience (CX), Pure Engineering and all relevant technology vendors to drive resolutions to issues spanning across multiple vendors and the entire technology stack.
- Help drive complex technical issues to closure, when normal escalation processes fail.
- Effectively communicate/present to all levels within the customer (from storage admins to C-Suite).
- Gather obfuscated logs to track baseline performance, configuration and health status
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience building runbooks and develop best practices
- Ability to perform advanced integration and automation using ansible and linking arrays to various management and administration tools.
- Knowledge of File, Block and Object Storage
- Ability to document and present escalation root cause analysis to senior leadership
- 10+ years experience in enterprise architecture principles, processes and tools
- 10+ years experience in either hardware / software vendor or enterprise architecture disciplines
- Broad and deep technical expertise in technologies such as: Operating Systems (Linux, AIX, Solaris, Windows), Hypervisors, SAN, data backup/recovery, databases, networking and proficiency in languages such as shell scripting, Python, C++
- Strong data analysis and visualization skills
- Proven experience in creating, implementing and delivering technology-based solutions
- Ability to operate as an effective tactician as well as strategic thinker and team leader to communicate the business value of technology decisions
- Outstanding & creative problem solving skills across a broad range of technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively interface with engineering staff, senior management and C-suite
- Must be self-starter with business acumen
- Must be willing to travel 30% (Covid-19 restrictions permitting) and work outside of normal business hours
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.