BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Field Enablement and Change Management Communications Manager responsible for designing and driving the Global Enablement communications strategy.
Core initiatives include
Managing different internal enablement communication programs as well as driving the Global Sales Organization and Global Enablement change management framework.
Establishing and providing continuous improvement of business practices across enablement teams, raising standards for enablement communication vehicles and aligning with cross-functional communication groups at Pure.
Driving the Global Enablement localization strategy to increase field readiness.
We are looking at a communicator who enjoys empowering others to find their voices, tell their stories, and share their experiences with providing alignment and efficiency.
This is a function with global responsibility. This individual will need to be self-motivated, highly conceptual, and have what it takes to challenge the status-quo. With this career opportunity, you will leverage your strategic thinking, written and verbal communications, program management, analytical and problem solving skills in a growing GTM organization that delivers incredible results.
What You Will Be Doing
As a member of the Global Enablement Programs, Center of Excellence Team you will be responsible for developing and driving the operational awareness and communications strategy. The following are more specific activities to help you succeed:
- Establish deployment plans and best practices for enablement communications.
- Drive key initiatives working with cross-functional teams. These include enablement communications, processes and programs.
- Create supporting communications materials to help align leadership, company and technology messaging.
- Drive effectiveness and efficiency in communications workstreams and change management best practices for the Global Enablement Organization and key stakeholders.
- Create, launch and implement content and strategy for our internal newsletters and sales bulletin.
- Act as a point of reference for all field transformation communications requests.
- Provide strategic input on all global internal Enablement departmental communication and announcements.
- Define an enablement communication and engagement model within our corporate communications groups.
- Support operational meetings including Quarterly Sales Reviews (QSRs), Global Sales Organization All-Hands meetings, and other communication events.
- Partner with key leaders and stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, Integrated Operations, and Enablement to align Enablement Communications with Business Objectives.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in communications, project management and enablement experience in operational and program roles.
- An understanding and ability to strategize around how to package content for different channels and field audiences.
- Must have experience building global communications plans to support business priorities.
- Ability to translate sales objectives into enablement goals and plans.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with teams while maintaining focus on outcomes and/or removing barriers. Ability to work with senior management, peers and key stakeholders across multiple organizations, geographies and/or cultures.
- Demonstrated exceptional collaboration and communication skills. The right candidate will be detail-oriented, results-driven, organizational and exceptional project management skills.
- Strong in the use of PowerPoint, word and excel is a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Team Player with the ability to develop effective working relationships across various groups and stakeholders.
- Excellent customer service, a creative and positive outlook, and a genuine interest in helping to drive positive results and improvements within the enablement organization and the Pure community.
- Experience in tech company environments and high-growth companies is a strong plus.
For Colorado Applicants (as required by SB19-085):
- Minimum annual salary of [$118,000]. This position may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
- US Benefits Summary
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.