BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
EMEA GSI Systems Engineering Director
The Pure Storage EMEA Global Systems Integrators Systems Engineering Director (EMEA GSI SED) is a senior director level leadership role, leading a team of GSI Solution Architects across EMEA which encompass regional and global GSI organizations. This role will focus on managing the GSI Solution Architect (SA) team and collaborating with internal key stakeholders, specifically the EMEA GSI Sales Leadership, EMEA AVP Sales leadership and the EMEA SE Leadership. The EMEA GSI SED will manage an annual operating plan (EMEA GSI Plan For Success) to support and develop their team and ensure they meet their goals in line with the overall KPIs of GSI revenue, GSI independence and strategic solutions.
The EMEA GSI SED will be working in the forefront of Pure’s global sales capability. The GSI business is the growth area for Pure and the EMEA GSI SED is a key leadership role in engaging with execs in clients in conversations about their technology needs to help them in their transformation to embrace Digital business.
The EMEA GSI SED must knowledgeable across industry, business, IT strategy and technology domains and be comfortable presenting to GSI account leaders, discussing process with business managers or working with developers on solution strategy, architecture and code and with storage admins designing operating models – from boardroom to hackathon to storage ops.
The EMEA GSI SED will have a proven pedigree of working on and leading large IT projects whether those are consulting, pre and post-sales transformational IT services or IT design and build projects in IT departments. At times as a senior level resource, you will be expected to lead from the front on key client engagements and you will be comfortable quickly establishing yourself as a thought leader and trusted advisor with key senior client stakeholders.
The EMEA GSI SED will need to have a broad base of skills and experience, be a good communicator and leader, a team motivator and will need to work well with cross functional teams.
The GSI SED is likely to come from a technical background and have transitioned through a Systems Engineering role before growing their leadership, business and commercial skills.
The GSI SED will have gravitas and authenticity. They will be expected to have first class interpersonal skills combined with a comfortable, open and compelling communication and presentation style. These skills, combined with proven domain knowledge, will create GSI confidence in the GSI SED, the GSI SA team and by extension Pure. They will also be a role model for the GSI SAs, skilled in all aspects of the GSI SA role. They will also produce high quality collateral, primarily at a ‘C’ level that can be reused by the GSI SA Team.
Diplomacy/Empathy or Emotional Quotient (EQ). The role of GSI SED requires a high degree of diplomacy and a strong EQ. It is imperative that we can look at our value propositions from the viewpoint of our customers and GSIs, therefore empathy is critical. Being able to represent the needs of the GSI into Pure will also need a high degree of EQ.
The GSI SED has a great grasp of IT industry trends, broad and deep IT industry experience and a high degree of business acumen. In this role, you will set strategy and vision for the EMEA GSI SA team, notably the ‘C’ level message and narrative which articulates Pure’s position and message in the GSI market landscape.
The GSI SED will be a believer in lifelong learning. Training will take up ~10% of their time. They will also attend industry conferences and disseminate the information that they have gathered to their peers and colleagues.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
- Lead the EMEA GSI team in day-to-day tasks, ensure compliance with the Pure Field Management Process, specifically, Individual 1&1s, Pure IMPACT Goal Setting, Sales Management Cadence (Forecasting and business management) and quarterly and weekly team calls.
- Collaborate with GPO Leaders and individual contributors to execute on the EMAE GSI P4S
- Understand partner business by actively researching their area of concern. Establish credibility with existing and prospective GSI executives.
- Become a trusted and collaborative conduit between sales, engineering, and product management
- Outstanding communication including written, diagrammatic and oral and able to reduce complex ideas to simple terms and express these to both a non-technical and technical audience
- Understand what the proposed solution will deliver from a GSI business and benefits perspective and to advise on areas where this is not congruent with the evolving solution within Pure.
- Inspire/Ignite excitement internally and externally around the company's long-term vision and ability to execute against the market trend while being the best choice for GSI’ businesses.
- Help maintain the company technical culture in an effort to continue to retain and attract top technical talent
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for the GSI SA organization
- Engage in field marketing events
- Proficient in driving for results, with a sense of accountability and ability to change pace and focus in dynamically-evolving environment
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Product experience across technology vendors
- Strong technical prowess, including good working knowledge of storage, compute, database, networking, virtualization and emerging technologies such as New Stack, AI/ML and/or Big Data Analytics where collaboration in the community and on social media is an advantage
- Ability to combine big-thinking strategic perspective with a detail-oriented approach to problem solving
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious approach coupled with a strong passion to make a difference
- Strong executive presence and ability to evangelize momentums with a wide range of dispositions
- Ability to work collaboratively across the broader Pure Storage organization
- Proficient in driving for results, with a sense of accountability and ability to change pace and focus in dynamically-evolving hyper-competitive environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in technical leadership expertise
- Understanding of the enterprise storage market landscape and specifically the Global 2000 Customer segment.
- Strong innovative disposition
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.