BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
As a Data Migrations Solution Architect, you will utilize your strong consulting and technical competencies in the field of Block, File, and Object data migrations, to provide the highest level of architecting, and planning capability, and technical consultation to customers, Pure team, and Pure partners.
You will work in cross-functional teams including Product and Services Sales, Product Marketing, Business Development Managers, Product Engineering to scope and help sell Professional Services Data Migration solutions for homogeneous and heterogeneous solutions to customers/partners. You will become intimately acquainted with the customer's/partner’s business requirements, technical needs, systems, environment and service history, enabling you to present targeted solutions to our customer base. You will design and plan the implementation of the migration solutions for our customers and will be expected to be a member of the hands-on team delivering these services across the world. The role covers customer facing pre-sales and delivery functions, and you will be comfortable with performing either role as demand dictates.
You will possess a thorough understanding of modern datacenter and hybrid cloud IT architecture, designing solutions, networking and implementation of these solutions. You must have significant experience across enterprise storage platforms, different data migration technologies for SAN, NAS, Object, CAS, know most enterprise class operating systems, and be comfortable with SAN fabrics and NAS networking solutions. You will also be experienced in delivering large scale and complex data migration projects utilizing all the mentioned offerings and will also be skilled in scripting to enable automation of these processes where appropriate.
Solutions Architects work with customers, sales teams, engineering, and Pure partners to:
- Help customers to determine the best way to achieve their business objectives on projects that involve data migrations.
- Lead the data migration conversations, provide architecture, and solution to address the data migration needs.
- Translate customer business requirements to migration solution that will support achieving them
- Be an expert in Pure migration methodology. Explain how methodology helps to mitigate data migration risks at the customer environment.
- Conduct detailed technical discovery of a customer environment.
- Perform customer environment and data analysis, identify areas of focus for the delivery team
- Create a comprehensive end-to-end data migration plan that will support achieving customer desired outcomes
- Be a Pure storage product expert consulting customers on the best practice implementation techniques.
- Advise and consult on Pure solution implementation strategies that will help to address customer needs around areas like active clustering, DR replication, disaster recovery, monitoring and others.
- Have expertise in performing all data migration tasks, able to lead and coach on them as necessary.
- Lead a team of migration engineers through a migration execution phase
- Be an SME in at least 4 data migration areas (Block data migration, NFS, SMB/CIFS, Object, Compute, Application based migration, Host based migration)
- Provide support for the technical issues related to the migration architecture implementation.
- Develop scripts for both integration of Pure storage into a customer’s operational environment and the automation of replication, clustering, cloud and data migrations.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Excellent business focused verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to tailor messaging to the specific audience – sales, management, technical etc.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a simple easy to understand way
- Be a technical expert around data migration techniques
- Storage solutions deployment experience in the enterprise environment
- Flash Array experience / Replication technologies (Active Cluster or similar)
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and other cloud-based offerings.
- Data Center Migrations/Consolidations/Toolsets
- Networking concepts and high-level designs
- Cirrus Data Solutions Appliance (or Appliance based solutions for migrating block data)
- Virtualization Tools - Cisco/Microsoft/VMWare (Cloud solutions)
- Proven experience of scripting languages such as Perl, Shell, Powershell, Visual Basic, Python.
- Networking infrastructure (Nexus / ACI / Broadcom / Brocade)
- Other technical platform or infrastructure migration tools such as Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Datadobi, Komprise.
- Multi-vendor server and storage platforms and performance tuning experience.
- Operational knowledge of Windows, AIX, Unix, HP-US, Solaris, Linux Operating systems
- Knowledge of Hyper-V and VMWare ESXi
- Preparation and delivery of technical and architecture solution
- Contribute significant portions for data migration solutions to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, CIFS/SMB, NFS, S3, OSD, SAN)
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, any additional languages are a definite benefit
- Team leadership skills
- Bi-lingual (multi-lingual a huge+)
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
- 8 to 10 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering; or related field is required; a Graduate Degree is preferred.
- Experience which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in designing and delivering complex data migration solutions across heterogenous storage platforms.
Will also look for Qualified candidates that have
- Specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in data migration tool sets (specifically the Cirrus Data Appliance) and disciplines
- Understanding of enterprise applications like Oracle, SAP, SQL
- Experience with deploying storage solutions in containerized and public cloud environments.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Travel to the prospective customer's domestic sites and other global sites as necessary.
For Colorado Applicants (as required by SB19-085):
- Minimum annual base salary of $114,000. This position may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
- US Benefits Summary
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.